I am NOT A RUNNER !!! (This lady is exactly how I feel when I run.... I leave it up to you for interpretation haha)
So here is what I did, Thursday my sister and I decided to sign up for the
LADIES FEST 8 K Run/Walk
in lethbridge, what was I thinking? I am so NOT a runner but have been trying to run for a few weeks not, only occasionally say 5 or so times, I really have enjoyed it though, I am not fast ( I actually think I can walk faster than I jog), but I just put my ipod on and go...I do whatever feels right. Last time I went I could really tell that I was getting better, the burn in my throat wasn't so bad. So I have exactly 8 weeks to get in shape for the race on June 13, 2009. I am happy to be doing it with my sister to keep me motivated. I will post my exercise and water intake over the next 8 weeks to keep you posted on my progress. I am already so nervous....wish me luck.
This afternoon Jodi & I took the kids to the river bottom where the race is taking place and just walked some of the route with the kids.....trying to workout with kids is so much harder than I thought.
{ PS: If any of you are RUNNERS please send your advice my WAY...I need all the help I can get. }







6 comments:
Sorry. No advice here. I am no runner either. I've tried before. That burn in the throat thing you mentioned.... brought it all back. : S
I will look to your blog for motivation and inspiration, though!
Awesome goal! Way to go!
ugh, i am not a runner, i really want to be, but i have never got further than 1 mile! How pathetic huh!! I will ask Holly for tips, she seriously could barely fun for more than 2 minutes when she started adn yes, she finished the full marathon yesterday.. how amazing!!!!!!!! you can do it, GO GIRL!!!!!!!!
Good for you!!! I may have to get with this running thing too!! All I know about running is that you go a little farther and a little faster each time..
I am TOTALLY with you...I'm not a RUNNER either...but together we WILL be! One step at a time...one foot in front of the other.
Good luck Tiffany. I'm not a runner, but I hear it gets easier after the first week of going regularly - good luck!
You are awesome I have always wanted to enter a race but I'm to chicken and I'm kind of a closet excersiser your know treadmill in the basement early morning jog late night jog kind of girl! I can't run either my ankles give out for some reason so I pretty much such suck!! BUt you guys are awesome and good luck with it you will be amazing!!! great goal to have!!
Post a Comment