Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, October 04, 2009

I just love Conference....


This General Conference was just as amazing as the rest of them. We are so blessed to be part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints there isn't a day in my life that I am not grateful for the testimony that I have of my lord and Savior Jesus Christ and his redeeming love for me. I know without a doubt that he lives and loves me and that his true church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in on the earth today and is led by a loving prophet, President Thomas S. Monson.

The Sunday Morning Session of Conference we had the pleasure of hearing him speak to us. President Monson related a story of a man named Jack McConnel M.D who was one of seven children. Every day at dinner time, Jack's father would ask each of the children around the table :

" And what did you do for someone else today? "

Jack now says that, that simple question was his Father's greatest legacy in life. Each day Jack would be excited to report back what he had done for someone else that day. Jack now as a retired doctor " works" 60 plus hours with his Volunteer organization " Volunteers in Medicine". He accounts that he has benefited way more that the patients he has seen through his service.

This past Christmas I had the opportunity to have the big family dinner at our house, and it is kinda a tradition that if anyone wants to say a goal they are working on for the next year they can share it if they like. I shared that I wanted to give more

MEANINGFUL SERVICE.

I find myself forgetting at times what this goal is and what I wanted to do with it. President Monson's talk couldn't have hit home more with me. I love how he shared all the countless ways children all over the world are doing service one for another and there fellow men. Simple, thoughtful acts of service. I ask the same question Pres. Monson asked ....

WHAT ARE WE DOING ?

HOW can I Provide service to others ?

I know that as I sit and think of what I can be doing, there is so much more, day by day I am challenging myself to find more opportunities to give Meaningful Service to my family, friends, the lonely, the sick and complete strangers. I hope each of you enjoyed Conference as much as I did, and although it is tough to get lots of out it with little kids...you really can if you are looking for it. I am looking forward to the hard copy of all the talks coming out in the Ensign in November.

Stay Tuned on how I am going to help my little family do more meaningful service.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I am down here in Utah. Dean and I came with my parents to actually go to several of the sessions of conference. I have NEVER been before. It's been the most amazing experience of my life. One I won't soon forget. I wish everyone could have at least one time chance to go. To see the brethren up close and personal is awesome. I wished I could of been closer, but I will be happy with what I got. ; D