
Snickerdoodles
By Betty Crocker
K seriously people don't mess with Betty on this recipe, she knows what she is talking about I mean Betty Crocker of course. A Delicious sugar cookie with cinnamon sugar topping, and a yummy soft chewy texture.
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, butter, shortening, and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough in 1 1/4 inch balls. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon together. Rolls balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 400 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
DON'T OVERBAKE!!!
Cool on wire rack. Yields about 4 dozen cookies.







2 comments:
Yum! Snickerdoodles are one of my family's favorite cookies. They truly are the best cookie!
YUMMMY! It's been a long time since I've made these. Bridget isn't even sure what they are (I've been partial to Chocolate Chip and Gingersnaps lately). I'm glad to have a surefire recipe . . .
Post a Comment