I know that Mother's day has come and gone but I do want to mention a little bit about it. We had a wonderful dinner at my sister in laws house, with Trevor's family. The kids played and us adults enjoyed a nice visit. Trevor bought me a tree, yes a TREE that I want to plant at my new house, one that can mark the beginning of our adventure as " Out of Towners" . I love it, it is a flowering crab apple tree that gets dark pink blossoms on it....can't wait to plant it.But I have to say the most meaningful Mother's Day gift I have received to date was a special gift I received from my wonderful parents. They each wrote me a personal letter where they shared there personal feeling about me and my personal strengths and accomplishments ( I am the sentimental, sappy type so this means alot). They also compiled short stories and quotes that they loved and that would help me as a young mother raising two little boys in this crazy world we live in. Of course my mom threw in a few girlie goodies too. It meant alot to me and really got me thinking about all the time I spend, wastefully. All the time I spend doing things that really are not going to make a lasting impression on my life or the lives of those I love. Balance in all things is the key ......I know, but it has helped me realize a few things that I really need to cut out of my life ( facebook for example) and start focusing on myself and those I love more. I need to focus on raising my family and striving harder to have an eternal family. I need to work harder on developing my talents and helping those around me. A little self reflection is always good I think.
Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least. ( Goethe)







3 comments:
Hmmm ?
LOVE that quote at the end. I need to have that hanging somewhere I see everyday.
Love the idea from your parents. LOVE IT!!!
At first I didn't notice your boys covering their eyes in the first picture. So cute!!!
Hope you are feeling good. Thanks for the great thoughts.
oh what a great post tiffany. i am seriously trying to do the same thing.!! you look great by the way!
Post a Comment