I must say that this Christmas season has been really enjoyable for me so far. Trevor and I got a little smarter this year and decided to focus on the true meaning of Christmas. We said we were NOT going to buy for each other and go on a trip somewhere together in the new year instead. Our plans got a little changed when we went to Kalispell for American thanksgiving. We found lots of deals and ended up getting a few things for ourselves...including a kitchen aid for myself. Hey I deserve it, right. This year we also decided to secret Santa a family in our ward, and are looking forward to that in the coming week. Our great friends Luke & Carissa just experienced their own Christmas miracle, they were chosen to be parents...they are adopting and should get their baby in may. We are really excited for them , it was a answer to many prayers and fasting. We are looking forward to spending the holidays with family. We are truly blessed. Hunter is growing faster than we would like, he is getting to big to fast. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing home our little bundle from the hospital. He brings such a wonderful spirit into our home. Lately he has been trying to talk more, some of the new words include ...
Grandma - "mama"
Grandpa- "papa"
Snow- a softer " NO"
More- "more"
Pickle - "kiki"
Bottle- "baabaa"
Hi- "I"
He continues to use his sign language that he has picked up on as well. He signs
Please
Thank you
More
I can't wait to see what he is going to be like on Christmas morning. He has already taken a liking to the wrapping paper and presents under the tree.
One of my favorite Christmas talks this season was given by President Monson in this months Ensign. He talked about Treasured Gifts. Trevor liked the quote given by President Harold B Lee "LIFE IS GOD'S GIFT TO MAN. WHAT WE DO WITH OUR LIFE IS OUR GIFT TO GOD" . I also liked this... We should not ask our kids what they want for Christmas but what they are GIVING for Christmas. I thought that was really profound and would make a lot of us think more about the true meaning of Christmas. I pray that I will have the true meaning of Christmas in my heart this Christmas season and throughout the new year.







No comments:
Post a Comment