Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 05, 2007

Crazy Cleaning & Cinnamon Buns

For a few days now I have thought about doing a cleaning chart for myself so that I don't feel so overwhelmed with the cleaning that needs to be done around this house. Moving into a new house is great, but I want to keep it that clean NEW feeling always. So today, Evan though I wasn't feeling really great, I just started cleaning. First it was sweeping, then vacuuming, then two loads of laundry, and moping. I am beginning to think that Monday should be moping, day great time to do a deep clean after the weekend is over. It is so nice to have a clean house. I caught myself laughing at Hunter when I found him with his "vacky" aka Vacuum vacuuming the living room floor. It is crazy what kids pick up on.

Then I had this great idea to makes cinnamon buns. Trevor loves his grandma's cinnamon buns, and although I couldn't find her exact recipe I found something close, my moms recipe. It is funny because when I told my sister Jodi I was making "Mom" cinnamon buns, she just said " I didn't know mom made cinnamon buns" I had to have a cute out loud chuckle. My mom is a master cook for sure, especially her ribs, but doesn't always master baking buns. I thought I would give it a try. Although time consuming here is a before and after pic for you.



If you would like the recipe just email me and I would love to give it to you.

This afternoon, I got a great surprise from my mom , that her and my dad, and Jayda are coming for family home evening. I am glad that I made the cinnamon buns now so we have a yummy treat for dessert. Hunter loves family home evening, I can't wait till they get here. I am going to make spaghetti, salad, and bread for supper.


Hunter is starting to talk like " Crazy", I started to think of all the words he says and I really can't count them all. Recently I have noticed how he is putting two words together like, "to tight" The other day he figured out how to put his socks on by himself, and I asked if if they were too tight, he shook his head no then said to tight, meaning NOT TO TIGHT. Everyday I am amazed at what he picks up on. He is still in love with blues clues, and asks for it first thing in the morning. Oh and of course starting the motorbike. That stincken motorbike !!!!


Thursday I am excited to be having a salt city candle party for Jodi. I have nearly invited 40 people so I hope it turns out to be a really big hit. I just love the candles and this is a great way for me to get some free product. I am burning one right now called spiced wassil, and it seriously fills up your whole home with aroma.
So I am still really frustrated over our new leather couches we bought months ago. They were suppose to be here DEC. 31. The brick keeps calling and saying a possible date they will be in, they called on Saturday and now the date is going to be March 21. So Trevor and I have decided to look else where and see if you can get ourselves a good deal. Like serious how long does it take for two sofas. Frustrating to be living in a new house with old couches.
Time to run for now, got to get thinking about making supper, and what to do for FHE. Tomorrow I have to work days, and luckily Lori is going to watch Hunter for me. She is going to take he to a "singing sisters" singing class tomorrow. I hope he behaves. Hope all is well with everyone. Would love to hear from you.





1 comment:

Jodi Pilling said...

Supper was GREAT and the cinnamon buns were SO yummy! Thanks for having us over!!