Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 19, 2007

Family Home Evening, Better Mom List

A couple of weeks ago , I got a great little surprise when my mom called and said that they were coming for FHE. I made a easy supper of spaghetti, salad, and Gallic toast. Jodi and the kids came too, my parents also brought Kimberley and Jayda with them as well. We had a really enjoyable time visiting and catching up. Then I was fortunate enough to do a little lesson on " Jesus and the sacrament" . We sang a few songs and Tyson recited the forth article of faith by heart. We were all very proud of him. I still can't believe he memorized the whole thing , he is only 4. Following FHE, we had a great time watching the kids play together, okay and grandma. They were all playing ring around the Rosy and having a great time. You can totally tell how much both sets of grandparents love there grandchildren by how much they play with them, and ask how the are doing constantly. Trevor and I are very blessed to have such great families. I am thankful that we live so close to both of them. Hunter and Carson are the best of little buddies and love playing together. It is nice to have him so close for Hunter to grow up with. It was good to see Kimberley, it seems as though it has been a long time since we have got together with her, and this was the first time she had seen our new house. Unfortunately Travis couldn't come because of work, but we hope he is able to come in the near
future. This summer I am looking forward to a family holiday we have booked for the first week in July. We rented a house on echo lake in Kalispell Montana. It comes with a little fishing boat, paddle boat, hot tub, and sleeps 10 adults. It will be so nice to spend some more quality time with the family and just relax.



Recently I have been thinking of things that I can do to be a better mom, sometimes I feel like I am lacking in the department and could do so much better. So I came of with a list of things that I could do to make Hunter's life happier.


1. Don't worry about having such a clean house
2. Read to him every night before he goes to bed
3. Try not to lose my patience so quickly
4. Go outside more
5. Plan fun little crafts we can do together
6. Fix him a home made breakfast ( don't laugh)
7. Sing to him ( he loves itsy bitsy spider , right now)
8. Have FHE weekly
9. Don't sweat the small stuff
10. Be Happy

Okay so I know most of you are probably laughing out loud right now, but I think it is good to write things down so you can concentrate on them more fully. Heck give it a try , you might be surprised at what things you come up with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiffany, sometimes you are too hard on yourself! You are a GREAT mom, I know it's good to always be striving to do better, but sometimes you need to acknowledge what a great job you're doing. You're a great mom and a wonderful friend! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiffany! Where have you been?? Glad to see that you finially changed your blog..lol. You are a good mom, and need ot be easier on your self..take care

Nancy said...

Tiffany, you are so cute, your blog is so great as well. I can tell you are a great mom. Don't be so hard on yourself. It looks like you had a great time at FHE.