Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Visiting Teaching Crafty

After having a horrible day yesterday, I won't go into much details lets just say 36 hours without sleep and raising a 2 year old was challenging for me. Today I decided it was going to be a good day. And it has been. I woke up, made Hunter a homemade breakfast of eggs, bacon, and kiwi, and got my self ready for the day. I decided it was time to do something nice for the girls I visit teach. After a quick stop to my "Avon Lady" and a great decision of the benefits of staying at home with your children and raising them, I was off to Michael's. So most of you that know me, know that I am not known as the " crafty" one in the family, but that is okay, I do have a crafty side and today I was going to use it. Michael's had some great stuff for Hunter. I have found lately that I just need to do more hands on stuff with him so we decided to buy some construction paper, glue sticks, foam animals craft kits, paints and paint brushes. I am excited to play with them when he wakes up from his nap.
For my visiting teachers I found these really cute take out boxes, I bet most of you have seen them, these ones had little Easter eggs on them and reminded me of Spring, so I got those. Then I got some cute little note pads and candy to go with them. After ready the visiting teaching message for March , I knew just what I could do with them. After finishing my errands in town, I quickly came home and began my little gift. I took each take out container and filled it with Easter grass, then put lindor chocolates and a note pad in each.

I wrote each sister a note that read: Please enjoy this little gift. Let it be a reminder to : Write down your thoughts that you feel came from God, and to think carefully whether the truth you received requires....ACTION. Secondly, to remember that the "SWEET moments will come" if we are seeking to be in tune with the spirit. We are thinking about you. Love your visiting teachers. So as you can tell the note pad was to write down there thoughts throughout the day or weeks and to reflect on there spiritual experiences, and the chocolate to remember the sweet moments we can all have if we are seeking our heavenly father and righteous desires of our hearts. I can't believe was a difference you can have in your day just by thinking of others. I am looking forward to delivering my little take out boxes later today.

One of my favorite quotes for the VT message this month was by Elder M. Russel Ballard:
"Women...who can hear the voice of the lord, and who respond to those promptings, become invaluable instruments in his hands...Never doubt that your influence is absolutely vital to preserving the family and to assisting with the growth and spiritual vitality of the Church".
Sorry about the really "Churchy" entry. I just hope we can all remember the influence we have in each others lives. And we do make a difference.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the ideas of the little boxes! Where did you find that cute idea?? So cute!

Anonymous said...

hi,i look at your blog alot and i really like your posts.you are very creative.can you post more often?

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiffany! You are such a nice visiting teacher..!!I love your cute ideas..!Do you think you can send me the cinnomon buns recipie??Ive been craving them ever since I've seen that picture of them you posted!! Have a great day!