Yesterday I woke up feeling like I needed a "day off", luckily Trevor my dear hubby let me sleep in until the last possible minute before I needed to get ready for church. Church was really good and I found R.S to be especially inspiring. Our R.S teacher, mother of three young children gave a wonderful lesson out of the conference ensign, it was pretty much how to be in the world but not of the world. Recently I have noticed how bad we are becoming
Even as members of the church, keeping up with the "Jones', driving the most expensive vehicles and getting ourselves into knee high debt.
Fortunately I have been trying to stay away from some of these things and people that seem to be striving for "worldly things". One of the quotes was something like this...you can't have one foot in the church and one foot in the world. I find that so true and how often we can find ourselves trying to play that dangerous game. It was great to get
spiritually refreshed for the rest of the week.
Today Jodi and I took the kids into Wal-mart for a quick shop and went to "Donald's" for lunch. Hunter calls every fast food restaurant "Donald's" whether or not it is a Mcdonalds or not. Hunter was excited to get a cool ninja turtle toy and just had to take it with him for his afternoon nap. After Wal-mart I ran into this cute little store called Domestic Art and found this really cute pitcher vase for only $14.99 and even better when I got to the till it was on sale so I got it for $13.50. I came straight home and made a cute craft with it. I took the vase , some green flower foam, and some primitive berry picks and this is the before and after:
Recently I found this great Craft wholesale website that has great primitive craft supplies, and I was able to order products at the wholesale price. I finally feel like my house is starting to look like a home.
No comments:
Post a Comment