Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sleeping in Laundry baskets, Chocolate Chip cookies

Last night Hunter had a hard time going to sleep in his bed, recently he rediscovered the art of climbing out of his crib. Lately he has wanted us to leave his door open a bit at night and usually this works great. Last night he decided he wasn't going to go to bed, after getting out of his bed three times , I finally said "ENOUGH" and I told him it was time for bed. I tucked him into his bed and said goodnight the forth time. I could hear him crying for a few minutes and then he seemed to settle and go to bed. After watching a movie and deciding it was time for me to go to bed, I thought I had better check on him. Good thing too, found him right by his door curled up in his laundry basket , fast asleep. I had to take a picture , so everyone would believe me. I picked him up gently and put him back into his bed. He went back to sleep quickly. Seriously what a little stinker, who would rather sleep in a laundry basket filled with dirty clothes, and a tight fit at that , than your comfy bed? Hunter obviously. Fortunately he went down really well to nap today. So maybe that's all it is going to take.

Today I just spent the day at home, and decided I would make Trevor some cookies. Hunter had a fun time helping. I caught he trying to dump extra baking soda into the mixer and gratefully they still turned out. He was eating handfuls of chocolate chips before he would pour them into the batter. What a kid!
Here is my most favorite recipe if you would like it:
Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 1/4c. packed brown sugar
1 1/2 c. margarine
2 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
4 1/4 c. flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1-2 pkgs. milk chocolate chips

1. Heat over to 375. In a large bowl combine sugar, and marg, beat until fluffy. Add vanilla, eggs; blend well. Add remaining ingredients.

2. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.

3. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

Great Cookie Tip: Cookie dough prepared with a bit extra flour produces round chunky cookies !
I hope you enjoy making them.



3 comments:

Jodi Pilling said...

WHAT A LITTLE STINKER!! But it really didn't suprise me to see him in the laundry basket. Glad he went down well to nap for you, he wouldn't nap for me. Looks like you have had a very productive day!

Nancy said...

I love that you leave recipes on your blog. I made the cookies and they are delicious. Hunter is so dang cute.

Anonymous said...

what a crack up! You've got a houdini!