Yesterday my great friend Carissa and I decided to venture off to
Greatfalls for the day. My mother in law was so amazing and watched Hunter for me after she had been up till 2 in the morning after going to the brooks &
dunn concert in Calgary the night before. What a great mother in law I have...LOVE HER ! Anyhow, we didn't end of leaving till 10 o'clock...man it takes way longer when you have to bring two babies along. We got across the border without a hitch and off we were. We had a good time talking about everything, and the kids were really great. About 15 minutes out of
Greatfalls though we had a near death experience...Seriously !!!! Carissa asked me to get a bottle for Macy ( her little girl) and so I was looking down for it in between the front seats for it and so did Carissa...when she looked up we were heading for the ditch....she quickly corrected but the wind just took the back end of the van and spun us all over the place, I braced myself for the worse, and just quickly was thinking don't let us roll ! Don't let us ROLL ! Carissa gave out a scream, all I saw was dirt and grass flying over top of the van then we finally stopped, middle of the ditch, facing the wrong direction, and SAFE ! Carissa tried to put the vehicle in drive for fear that something was very wrong, but it wouldn't go, her battery light was on, and I don't know what else, I told her to put it in park and turn it off. We both jumped out quickly to make sure our little ones were okay....thankfully they couldn't care less what just had happened. WE were all fine. WE offered a prayer of thanks to Heavenly father for protecting us and recognizing his hand in our safety. Wow we were so blessed it could have been so much worse. Surprisingly both Carissa and I handled it really well. We did a quick walk around the vehicle to make sure nothing was visibly wrong, and jumped back in the van. Carissa started the van up and it was perfectly fine. No problems at all. We said a verbal thank you again, and we went on our way. The worst thing about the whole thing is I was totally prompted to say a prayer before we left and just got busy with getting ready, and dropping Hunter off, and totally just put it off. Was that heavenly father bonking me on the head and saying ....All you had to do was say a little prayer before you left and it wouldn't have happened ? Why didn't you listen ? It has
definitely taught me to listen to those promptings. It was funny when Carissa said " K we will blame the physical part of going into the ditch on me, but you are spiritually at fault for not listening " He had a good chuckle over it after the fact. I am so thankful for a loving heavenly father that continually watches over me and my family.
4 comments:
That is sooo scary! I'm glad that you are all ok though. I'm sure ALL of your shopping bags went a flying as well! Glad to hear your safe and you had a great time. You will have to fill me in on all the good shopping deals you found later. Let this be a lesson to all of us... Listen to the Spirit!!
So scary glad you guys are okay! Wow. Really makes you think and appreciate life eh.
But hope you had a good rest of the day!
Oh sure, make me sound like a bad driver!!! haha. That was pretty scary, but definitely an experience! At least our adventures together are never boring! haha
OMG how scary! I'm glad you're all ok. So glad to hear you're safe and sound.. oh and aren't MIL's the greatest! I lucked out with a FAB MIL too! love her!!
Post a Comment