Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 21, 2008

Who's reading my blog ???

So here is my food for thought lately...Have you ever wondered who is reading your blog? I always do, I have a hit counter on my blog and it is continually going up.... and hardly anyone seems to comment ???? So it has led me to think...Who is reading my blog ??? I love to leave comments on other people's blog just to let them know I stopped by to see how thing were. I would love to know who stops by here. Does anyone know how to find out who is looking at your blog ? How safe do you feel blogging is ? I try not to put to personal of stuff on my blog but what is the point of a blog if you can't share how you are truly feeling ? Just a thought.

Things in the Sloan house are pretty normal the last few days, I am happy to say we had a very productful Saturday, Trevor finished tiling and grouting the kitchen and two bathrooms upstairs. and our garage is just about CLEAN of all the junk. Yippee, I just hate junk and I am continually throwing things away, even valuable things. I just really don't like clutter, I am kinda a neat freak. LOL

Gunner is starting to drive me bonkers at night with his poor sleeping habits, he is most definitely up at least 3 times a night, and not always to eat, sometimes just for me to put his suzy back in. He is over six months now and I would really like him on a schedule. Hunter was on such a good schedule by this time...two naps a day 10 and 2 and only getting up once at night to eat and 3 a.m. Why I remember that so vividly I don't know. I have been so lax with Gunner and now I am truly paying. Is it okay to let him cry now ? or is he too little yet ? I can't remember !













The other day Gunner was so grouchy and wouldn't have a nap so I strapped him in the bike trailer...yes I know he is only six months old, but I needed a break, and off we went around the neighborhood. It wasn't 10 minutes later and they were both fast asleep.














Lately I have really been trying to limit the amount of T.V time Hunter has, I feel that so often it is so easy just to turn on the cartoons and let the day go by. I have been trying really hard to take the TIME with Hunter during the day. When I was in great falls I picked up these cute little flower pots. Hunter and I painted them and planted a bean seed in the them for our little daily activity. We will see if they grow. I was so proud of myself not to interfere in Hunter's painting...I just let him go and be creative. You should have seen the inside of that pot and all the different colors he had. I was so happy with the job well done on his part.
















Just thought I would leave you with a favorite quote: "So frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time." Thomas S. Monson

7 comments:

Jodi Pilling said...

Love the quote. Thanks for sharing it with me. It made me stop and think...and yes it is so true! Made me feel really guilty about today. I don't even want to admit how much t.v. the kids watched today. :(

Rayanna Hogg said...

Tiff you are so amazing! I love reading your blog you always inspire me to be a better mom. Your an AMAZING mom to those 2 sweet boys of yours. Thanks again for the toys, Makenna LOVES them and she can't get enough of the Zeebra. =D

Roe Family said...

Hey tiff so I love your blog. Your family is adorable and crazy at the same time!! It sounds like mine, but mine is just crazy thats the joy of two Boys Right!!!

Christal said...

Hey tiffany love that quote too!! you are a great mom and I absolutely love the picture of the boys sleeping its so so cute! so are the boys though you and jodi have the most adorable boys!!!
So to answer your question I just got my templete from www.matiekay.blogspot.com and followed through the instructions it walks you through and tells you what to do. Hope that helps let me if I can help with anything else! Have a great day!! ttyl

Mary said...

What a fun idea to paint pots! I have the same trouble. I feel like I keep Bridget busy toting her around and doing "stuff" and we don't take the time to just be together. (P.S. I love comments too--I have commented on several of your posts, but I think they are older ones--so look for me!)

As for the cake for Bridget--we had a YW fundraiser auction last Friday and I bought one! Yep, I got off lucky. I was thinking about making a butterfly cake--luckly, Bridget didn't care or know that it didn't happen. I am totally stuck on the shark too. Not really sure what he even looks like, but could you do a square cake and cut out the shape of one? Blue icing? A candy for an eye? Good luck! Can't wait to see what you come up with. You are great at stuff like that.

Anonymous said...

I read your blog :) And I love it! I think you're doing a fantastic job with your boys. That quote is so true and I try and remind myself of that every day. I love the idea of planting a bean in a decorated pot, I'm always looking for more fun crafty ideas to do with Phoebe while it's just her and I at home, I'm gonna try it! *smiles*

David and Cheryl said...

Hi Tiff, I love reading your blog. I have to admit that I check it out often! I love seeing what you post and if you've changed your backdrops etc. I love what you've changed it to..right now! It sounds like you are one fantastic, happy little mama! I can't believe how big your two kiddies are getting! Take care and I'll try and comment more often!