Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, May 09, 2008

How to stay strong in a time of confusion }

I recently got a interesting email from a friend concerning the issue with the FLDS church and the horrific things that are going on it that society. Many people around the world get the FLDS church and us as Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints ( Mormons) mixed up. I feeling greatly saddened that people around the world are thinking that is what we are like, when that couldn't be further from the truth. I though I would share the email with you.

Dear Friends,

Many of the news reports coming from Texas about the problems with the FLDS Church have left the impression here in Russia that they are 'Mormons' and that they are members of our Church. Several of our non-member friends have asked us quite sincerely about it. Some here who oppose the growth of the Church are promoting the idea to damage the reputation of the Church.

When I received the following I felt it was a great response and it does help to set the record straight. Mary and I think you know our Church well enough to sort through the bad reporting but thought you would be interested in seeing it and it may be an effective way to help some of your friends understand, too.

Love from Russia,
Tom & Mary Monson


For those of you who have been watching the news and may have wondered....


Some Mormon women sing...


















Some Mormon women dance...



















Some Mormon women write scary stories...














Some Mormon women have lots of money and really great hair...















I know hundreds of Mormon women.

They do all kinds of different things and live all different kinds of lives.

This woman served as a leader in the Mormon church. She recently spoke to teenage girls worldwide. She encouraged them to stand up to peer pressure, strengthen their families and serve others. (Click here for more.)



None of the Mormon women I know look like this...

None of them are marrying off their teenage daughters and-- although some may joke about wanting a sister-wife (preferably one who is really fat & ugly, does bathrooms and changes diapers)--none of them really want to share their husband with anyone.

Furthermore...


Some Mormon guys can throw a ball...













Some Mormon guys yell at the ball...


















Some Mormon guys make crazy movies...

















Some Mormon guys have a lot of money and really great hair...



















I know hundreds of Mormon guys. They do all kinds of different things and live all kinds of different lives.








This is one of the leaders of the Mormon church. Last Sunday he spoke about honoring women, especially mothers, and gave advice to husbands and children about how to treat the women in their lives. (For the whole story, click here.)


None of the Mormon men I know look like this...


















The Mormon men I know are honest and hard-working. They don't cheat, smoke, drink or gamble. And TRUST ME....the last thing any of them want is another wife.
I totally agree with the letter. I think we must always stand up for what we believe in and always strive to be the best we can be. We need the world to know what we as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints believe in and stand for. I hope we can all have the strength to stand up for what we believe in and not be scared to share the gospel with others. I think so often people have such a misconstrued perception of "Mormons" and if we can shed a little light of truth....we should !

3 comments:

Christal said...

I got that email love it it does explain it good eh!! Sad that our church and name is so tarnished by the flds around the world!
Hope the trees are going in okay wish I could help somehow I don't think I'd be much good!!! Happy Mothers day too you cute mama!!!

The Johnston's said...

Thanks for sharing that. Since moving here I've had the opportunity to share a lot about the church with others and straighten out facts from fiction and this was one of the topics that came up. It is frustrating but we should all try to get the truth out there and not be afraid to answer questions so that rumors will not go on about us! Thanks again.

Excavation Contractors Portsmouth said...

Lovely postt