Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 12, 2008

{ My New Calling !!!! Mother's DAY }}

So I must say that I am REALLY excited about my new church calling, I can't say I have ever been this excited about a calling. I am the new RS enrichment LEADER...you heard me right ! I just love relief society and I think it really has alot to offer each sister in the ward. With the new church curriculum of only having to do 4 big things a year and several "little groups" it is going to be really fun...I hope. I would really like to add a different spin on enrichment for our ward and would love to see the sisters attend. Does anyone have any enrichment ideas for me....? What have you enjoyed going to in your own ward in the past ?

Mothers day was good, we spent it with my family this year, and enjoyed a wonderful dinner at my moms. It was nice to visit with my grandparents as well, I don't get to see them that often. It really makes me appreciate all the "MOMS" in my life. First and foremost my own mother for all that she has done for me. She is simply the BEST, as I am sure all your moms are as well. My mom is like one of the girls...a best friend you can always count on and have fun with. I am so thankful for her in my life. Secondly Trevor's mom has really only added to my appreciation for moms. She is full of so many characteristics that are worthy of instilling in my boys. She did a wonderful job raising Trevor, I have seen how it has paid off in my own life. I am lucky to have a wonderful husband. There are so many other women that have made such a difference in my life as well, like my seminary teacher, Sister Beazer - she truly loved us kids and we new it. I can still recall how she made each off us feel as we left after seminary each morning. She taught us to pray for tiny miracles in our life, like asking for a miracle whenever we needed, whether it be on the math test we were about to face, or a more difficult miracle as trying to stand up for what we know if right when it was socially hard to do so. She hugged us every morning as said : Remember who you are, Keep the Faith, the gospel is true, and I love you. Who wouldn't feel loved after hearing that everyday. I think this has helped me appreciate all the little yet so very important things in my life. I want to say Thank you, to all you "MOMS" for making a difference in ME everyday !

4 comments:

Karyn said...

A couple summers ago we had a scrapbooking group that met once a week at the church. It was great because the kids just ran around and played in the gym while we got caught up on our scrapbooking. Some people even just came to visit and chat. It was a lot of fun.

Rayanna Hogg said...

Congrats on your new calling... you will be so GREAT at it!!! Now I will have to move to Coaldale to be in your Ward to do all the cute thing that you will plan. Hmmm, Ideas? Well our Ward does a craft group, scrapbooking group, recipe group and exercise group. They are all super duper fun and they really get people involved in different things. Don't worry the ideas will just start to "flow in" before you know it! Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

happy belated mothers day Tiffany! and congrats on your new calling, sounds like a lot of fun! I know that here they have a scrapbooking group and an excersize group that meet once a week... I'm sure you'll think of great stuff! :)

The Johnston's said...

What a great calling! Since we live in a community with a very small amount of church members David and I have two callings each; mine is activity days leader (for primary) and 2nd councelor in primary pres. David is 1st counc. in YM pres and just recently called into the branch pres. as second councelor. YIKES!! SO every sunday I get to sit by myself with the three kiddos. It'll be fun when this babe arrives! hee hee