Handmade Bingo Fun
You will need:
1 file folder
Stickers
Ruler
Pen or pencil
Several Large Buttons
Dice or spinner
Dice or spinner
Make two grids on the inside of the folder, one for each player. I made mine with 12 squares, you can do however many you would like. Let child place a sticker in each box. Take turns rolling dice to see how many stickers to cover. Once your grid is full, yell out BINGO...you win. Hunter had as much fun making the game as he did playing it. You could change the rules to suit your child's needs. This way worked great for a three yr old.
Make this easy spinner using a circle cut from a file folder, matching stickers, a brad, and paper clip. Great for younger kids who may not be able to count very high.
Matching Game
You will need:
Several cleaned lids
Several cleaned lids
Matching stickers
Wash lids and dry well. Place matching sticker under each lid. Place in rows, take turns turning over two at a time.....who ever makes the most matches wins. Another fun game to make with your toddler. Also a great way to reuse all those empty milk jug lids.
I also found this great little book at Costco about a month or two back , that is filled with great ideas for your toddler. It has different categories inside depending of the age of your child. A great find for only $5.99, especially when the Can. price on the back was $19.95 !
And last but not least if all else fails, just let your child escape from the house during the rain storm into your backyard....aka Mud Pit for a little fun of his own...GRRRRrrrr.
I must say I was a little ANGRY with Hunter after he did this, after I had told him countless times to stay inside. He sneeked out while I was feeding Gunner lunch. He got himself stuck and couldn't get out; so it was MOM to the rescue. I swear 6 inches of mud on the bottom of his boots and mine! KIDS !!!







3 comments:
These are awesome! Where have your ideas been for the last 8 months? I really could have used them. I'll just have to put them to work next week (yep, it's still raining here in Portland). Luckily one of our tenants got a new dishwasher, so Bridget got a box! Thankfully that's been to the rescue. Sneaky little Hunter though. That's pretty funny he got stuck being naughty! :)
What great ideas! I'm totall going to steal them. Keep em coming if you can. Your kids must like stickers (especially Thomas the train) just as much as my boys do. They'd love those games. oh, and my due date is july 31st.
what great ideas!
Post a Comment