Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fun Weekend.... Beware Heavy Picture post }}

Okay so we have had such a fun summer already and it isn't even half over. We went to Echo lake last weekend we our great friends Joel & Rayanna. It was so nice of them to invite us down to there fun place at the lake, totally jealous of them by the way. We left Friday afternoon and after about 4 hours drive due to construction on Logan's pass we got there safe and sound.





We spent the weekend on the lake, in the boat, swimming and playing on the beach. Nights were spent around the campfire enjoying good company and conversation. Both Trevor and I wake surfed for the first time.....totally FUN. I was so surprised when I got up on my first try, although not pretty I am sure. It really made me want to get a boat. But I am not sure if we are true boating people. We were all definetly entertained by Joels' awesome wakeboarding skills....that dude is nuts !



Trevor trying wakesurfing, he was really starting to get it by the end.




The guys playing with the kids on the beach.

Gunner couldn't help himself....loves eating sand...YUCK !



A little mud therapy for Hunter.

MUSCLES!!!


Me & Gunny



Now that is one Sexy scuba dude....LOL



Me & my darling little boys !



Group Picture...fun little duck pond & park in Kalispell. A hidden hot spot. Thanks Ray for sharing the secret.



Hunter & Daddy feeding the ducks.

Duck Pond


Hunter playing on the playground.

Well a big huge THANK YOU to Joel and Rayanna for a awesome weekend. " It's all about the memories" and on that note I just wanted to share a little thought I have been thinking about lately. " Do the things you have to do, so you can do the things you WANT to do". I have really realized how so many people just work and don't know how to play. I have been blessed to be raised with hard work ethic and was taught how to work. Yet I can remember so many fun family activities with my family. Not very many weekends went by without a little hard work in the morning and some fun time in the afternoons. I can remember going fishing with my dad over to Many glacier, Sunday drives up to the mountains, quading trips to the pasture, and oh so many more. It has made me realize how important it is to find the balance between work and play. I know a few people who are slaves to there jobs or work and just don't know how to have good ol' fun...which is really sad for them. The famous quote you won't wish you spent more time at work on your death bed is so true. The time spent with family and friends is what really matters. I hope we can all work to play ! Play is FUN !

Hope you are all having a funtabulous summer ! Love Tiff

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey tiff i just thought i should stop and say hi i chech how its going hope its great by the way i love your pictures at the beach
karleigh

Jodi Pilling said...

looks like you guys had a Great time! Glad you could get away. I can't wait for this weekend.

The Molcak's said...

Looks like a blast! I love wakeboarding, but it took me a lot longer than the first try so good for you! haha

Rayanna Hogg said...

GREAT MEMORIES!! We sure had a great time, and are so glad that you decided to come!! Your pictures turned out great... but your missing the ones of you surfing... you did such a AWESOME job for your 1st time!! We had so much fun... we will have to make it a yearly trip that's for sure.

Joel always says "we work to play"! I also feel sorry for people that are so married to their job that they don't take time to enjoy life!

I'm so glad we are such great friends... ttfn

Rayanna Hogg said...

oh, and that picture of Trev as MR. Scubba dude totally makes me laugh!! What a character he is... lucky you! =D LOL

Anonymous said...

looks like so much fun. we were just down at lake macdonald. i;m sure the water was a little warmer at echo... still fun though. have a great week. i'm with you on the work thing. i think it's so important to have a balance between work and play. my family can work but we also know how to play. we have been working on rustin, and it's starting to take. i think he's realizing you can take time and just relax, it's good for a person. hope you keep having a great summer.

Mary said...

How fun to go with friends to such a fun place! Isn't it funny how a little sand can keep the little kiddos occupied?

So where are you going this weekend? Hope I you post an update and some pics . . . I'm totally intrigued!