Onto the next big thing today....PICTURES...AGHHhhhh. Does anyone else have those pre photo jitters ? I just hate getting my picture taken ! I think I am just way to critical of myself and just don't enjoy it. Luckily we are going to a great girl in Raymond, who I really hope gives us those magical family pictures I am looking for. If nothing else some great pics of the boys. I feel so bad I have like NO family pictures displayed in my house and it makes me sad. After the rainy, cold weather we have been having, thankfully the sun decided to shine this afternoon. So hopefully we will get some great outside pics.
Then tonight I am off to my SIZZLECIZE, class. It's a fun workout class that teaches the CHA Cha and Mambo ( so far) and you don't have to have a partner. Which is kinda a catch 22. I would love to be able to dance well with Trevor but we just don't have the groove for dancing together. We both have two left feet, which makes for a big disaster on the dance floor. Good laughs had by all though I am sure.
Lately I have really been pondering how I can be a better mother. How can I discipline my children in a loving, productful way ? I have really been struggling with my dear little 3 year old lately. I am just really worried about him. He is a great kid, full of energy and cuteness. But I just haven't figured out what works best for him. Maybe it's that one day something works and the next it just doesn't ? Anyone else experiencing the no so lovely discipline issues? I must say I think he is getting a little bit better, but it just makes me seem like such a failure as a mom. I try to look at each day with new eyes and a new approach but sometimes it just gets so frustrating. Please send some suggestions my way ! I seriously always thought parenting was going to be so easy and that I had all the answers. Well was I wrong on that one or what ! Parenting is one of the hardest things I have ever done, and there isn't a day that I don't try and think of ways I can improve. I just want my kids to be HAPPY, full of LOVE and KINDNESS, Confident, hard workers, GIVING and most importantly have a strong testimony of our savior Jesus Christ and a love of FAMILY. I am so thankful for my wonderful parents who did such a great job raising me. I will be forever grateful for all that they taught me.
Wishing each of you a very happy day. Lets Celebrate the good things about TODAY !







3 comments:
Ohhhhh....the joy of a 3 year old :) My #1 suggestion...PRAY!!! Pray for patience, pray for guidance, pray for the ability to laugh when you just don't want to laugh, and pray for your little guy. Good Luck!!!
Tiffany I think you are a WONDERFUL mother! You;re doing a great job with your boys! You are absolutly right about one thing, parenting is NOT easy! I've gone through many times like that with my girls, wondering if I'm doing this right, and in the end, all you can do is your best.
BTW, good luck with the pickles and pictures too :) *smiles*
Dang girl! You do pickles too!?! Way to keep the tradition going.
I'm right there on the discipline thing with you. I think the fact that you are just thinking about it and trying means you're doing a great job. I got a book called "The Power of Positive Parenting" that I refer to. I should read it more often, because when I do and try to make a more conscience effort, it at least helps me feel like I'm doing a better job. I just bought a used copy of Amazon. You could probably check it out from the library.
Family pictures. So there with you! I see some great pictures that others take, but they just never look as good when my face is in it. :) We try do to an annual picture and the one we took last year sits behind the one from two years ago because we just looked better two years ago!
Post a Comment