Gunner enjoyed me pushing him in the stroller, I was glad to have the stroller, I don't think I have skated in like 10 years or so.
Great times had by all.
I just LOVE this time of year, Christmas cheer everywhere. I find people so much more willing to give to one another. I love the Christlike spirit that most people carry with them this time of year. I love the endless gift wrapping and thought that goes into each gift you buy, trying to pick that special gift for your loved ones. Oh and I can't forget the endless baking that seems to be going on in my house...it must be the cold. I love Christmas guilt free eating. May you all enjoy this wonderful season.
Do NOT try this recipe, really it is quite gross, hard and somewhat bland. JOKES. Here is my confession for tonight this is my second batch in two days.
Jess's Sweat and Salty Mix ( this is to die for yummy )
3 cups Golden graham cereal
3 cups Corn Pop cereal
3 cups Crispix cereal
2 cups pretzels
1 1/2 cups salted peanuts
1/2 coconut ( optional but a little add in of my own I love)
1 1/3 cups white sugar
1 cups butter
1/2 white corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla
PUT cereal, nuts, coconut and pretzel in large bowl. Bring to boil sugar, butter, syrup and vanilla on stove till soft ball stage... or I find about 2 -2.5 minutes boiling is about perfect if you don't have a candy themometer ( mine broke I am hoping Santa brings me a new one...hehe) Poor over cereal and mix well. Spread out and greased cookie sheet. ENJOY. Note: this recipe freezes really well, but I highly doubt you will have leftovers.







2 comments:
So sweet & salty was your supper last night huh? LOL! I had nacho's...not to healthy either.
Yummy . . . I had this at a friend's house the other night and I didn't ask for the recipe because I knew I'd eat and eat and . . . oh well! I'm in!
How fun to go skating with the fam! That Hunter is so darn cute with his "walker." Brings back memories of going skating when we were growing up. I have this one memory of walking up the hill back to the highschool behind (what used to be) the rink. It was snowy and wet and muddy and we were sliding and singing "Jesus loves me, oh yes he does" from the Bodyguard. We were such dorks, but I had so much fun with you!
Post a Comment