Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Making Memories...

I was so proud of Trevor and Hunter yesturday for getting up at the crack of dawn 6:00 to be ready to go ice fishing in Mountain view by 8:00. I packed them a little lunch and some goodies for the trip. Trevor literally just picked up Hunter from his bed and put him in the truck. Trevor, Hunter, Uncle Ty- Tyson, & Carson, Auntie Kimberley-Jayda, and Papa Don. All had a good time out on Payne lake. Although they only caught two fish, they had fun sledding and enjoying the great outdoors.

My Crazy Hubby told Carson ( his nephew) to kiss the fish and he did...YUCK. My husband is just like a little kid some days.

It was nice to have some one on one time with my little Gunny yesturday. He is a such a cutie pie and he lightens the room with his smile. He was a little trooper as I drug him around Lethbridge doing errands for Young Women's.

Then last night it was really fun to go out to a new little Greek restaurant with Nicole just for a girls "time out" . I was just needing some time to myself and to vent. NOT that I have anything to complain about, but sometimes when you are PMSing and your hormones are out of wack ...you need a little break from everything. This little restaurant was PACKED full of all these nick nacks it was Crazy. Interesting food ...some I really enjoyed others not so good, but the overall experience was really fun. Thanks Nicole ...for some new culture.

I have been recently been thinking about FACEBOOK.....is it something that is good and beneficially in my life? Or am I wasting time that I could be spending with my family on there? Do I really care what everyone is doing at every waking minute of the day. Am I just being nosey? What do you think about FACEBOOK ? I would really like to know your views... As I see it now

* Facebook is a great way to see what your " friends " from the past are up to and how they are

* It lets you keep in touch with people you wouldn't normally keep in touch with...is that a good thing??? Like past boyfriends or people you weren't really friends with??? I just don't know.

* Lots of my friends from preschool or from church are now only communicating through Facebook, what happened to a good ol' phone call? People often tell me.... JUST FACEBOOK ME. hmmm.

I know that modern technology is here to benefit our lives and to better our lives if used in a appropriate way, but when is to much to much? I hope all my fellow blogger friends can help me out with my feelings on facebook. Don't worry I love blogging , and at this time I feel it a great resource of understanding, journalling, and friendship that I really enjoy and find worthwhile.

4 comments:

David and Cheryl said...

It sure looks like the boys had a fun time! That's awesome that you got to spend some alone time with your little munchkin, and then just with the girls. Venting or no venting we all need to get out and talk...with our girls!!
As for the Facebook thingy, I would just say, moderation in all things! If you feel like you are wasting time then maybe give yourself a time limit! You're a great woman, and you know you! Good luck!

Rayanna Hogg said...

Looks like your "boys" had a great time on Saturday!! What a fun thing to do it's nice to have a break from the little one some time hey-- what a good hubby you have. Sounds like you had a great night out "venting"! It's true we ALL need to do it every once and a while!
I totally get what your saying about the Facebook thing... sometimes it drives me crazy... like I HAVE to look at it!! Really things about it are great and others are just so dumb. I have really tried to cut down on it... because it's really not important at all. Next time I will just call you before I "facebook" you!! LOL

The Molcak's said...

How fun, I remember going ice fishing as a kid and it's still one of my favorite memories. I miss not being there for the "girls nights" :( As for the facebook thing, I totally think it's a HUGE time waster. I go on way too much during the day just to avoid doing other things that need to get done. It's a great tool for keeping intouch with people, but I agree that it can also be inviting trouble when you start adding old boyfriends/girlfriends and stuff. Great post, I definitely needed the reality check! lol!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about the Facebook thing. I love that I can see Mandy and Brett's pics and that, but I recently just got rid of all the apps that I had on it and that was so refreshing!!! I know I need to cut back on it, so your post was so good for me to read!!! Thanks Tiff!!!!