
1. What did you do in 2008 that you've never done before?
*I got called to the Young Women's in October
*Started my own business
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for next year? I am happy to say that I accomplished a few goals. Need to put the rest back on the list for 2009 , like attending the temple 6 times a year ( I know we are horrible for not going more), eating healthier, and stay out of debt or getting there LOL.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
YES my sister gave birth to beautiful Julia Grace Pilling on Canada Day. She is such a little dolly and a great addition into our family. I am so happy my sister got her girl. Oh and our dog Roxy had seven puppies...does that count.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Fortunately Not, but many times I have thought about those in my family who are getting older in age and you just never know when one will be gone. Trying to treasure all the little things about them.
5. What places have you visited?
Wasa lake, Echo lake, Kalispell, Whitefish all the great local holiday get aways.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I would have really like to give more service, I know that sounds silly but often I feel like I could be doing so much more for others. That is one of my biggest goals for 2009 , where ever I can give more meaningful service, I am really trying to be a better where ever I can.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched in your memory and why?
Not so much a specific date but going hunting with my dad and Trevor this fall was so much fun. I just love being out with the boys. My dad and I have always been really close and I just love spending time with my family. This Christmas I gave my dad a frame that had two pictures of us together from previous hunts and on the frame in vinyl I put " Girls can hunt too, with a dad like you". It brought tears to my eyes before he opened it and it did the same to him as he saw what it was. Such a inexpensive gift that meant so much to both of us.
Also the tender moments throughout the year like when Trevor surprised me with flowers ( a couple of times ), the unexpected phone calls from loved ones just to see how I was doing, the " I love you too mom" from Hunter, the big squeeze hugs from Gunner when he wakes in the morning and all the great times spend with family.
On a sad note the day my bestest friend moved to Calgary. I miss your face girl !
8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
Seeing the vision that I am a little OCD when it comes to my house and working on it. I am getting better with mess, it's progress. I want to be remembered as the mom who let her kids play with there toys, not the one cleaning up behind them. They are only little once so let them make a mess. ( Wow that was great therapy getting that out....)
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Hmm just a very long drawn out infection, you don't want details. LOL
10. What was the best thing you bought?
Silly thing is I can't really think of a thing right now. I guess that this goes to show you that the best things in life are things.
11. Where did most of your money go?
Kids, bills, groceries ??
12. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Hmm Probably Lady Gaga- just dance, I don't know.
13. What do you wish you would have done more of?Weekends away with the family.
14. What do you wish you would have done less of?
Wasteful time spent doing unproductive things.
15. What was your favorite TV program? Horrible confession but I really like Grey's Anatomy -total smut and lots of times I can't even watched it because it is so smutty but I do like it. I really also like the First 48 and discovery channel.
16. What was the best book you read this year?
I am so not a reader, and anyone who knows me well knows I am not a reader. I love kids books though.
17. What was your favorite film of the year?
Once again I saw alot of kids movies. Favorite was seen today Bolt in 3D so cute and very good for the family.
18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned the be 2-7 this year. Wowsers I am getting old. Crazy. Trevor surprised me with my North face jacket that I wanted and LOVE. We went for a nice dinner at the Keg with friends Joel and Rayanna.
19. What political issue stirred you the most?
I thought it was pretty great to have the first African American US president. I hate racism and thought this was a great proof that the world is changing in a good way.
20. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmm that's a hard one I have met many wonderful and new friends this year. Including the new ones at parent preschool, blog friends and neighbors.
So here is to starting 2009 off with a big bang. I hope everyone can see the positive things that happened in 2008 and work on what they didn't get accomplished. Here's to having a wonderful 2009.







5 comments:
loved your post Tiff!
Yeah girl! Oh I bet that pic for your Dad was so great. It's so funny when I talk to Nick about you. You are so polished and gorgeous (seriously, how many ways can you do your hair and make it look so pretty) and girly and you hunt and then there's your spunky/fun side. Love you! Wishing you the best in 2009!
It's amazing, when you actually sit down and think about the last year, there are so many things that happened in your life! The day I moved was definitely one of the saddest ones for me too! Miss you!!!!
Such a great post! Do you think you could email me some prices for those blocks that i will hopefully sometime get around to doing? :) Thanks so much!
aaronsky@telus.net
2008 was a great year for you!! Thanks for being such a great friend - I'm so glad we have gotten to know you this year. Loved your post.
Post a Comment