Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 09, 2009

Las Vegas......happy to be home !!




We just arrived home from Sin City last night, I know realize the reason it is called that but I will get to that later. We went with Jodi & Ty and friends Des & Nicole, it was so nice to get away for a few days for a break from the everyday and to site see. We had wonderful weather, most days it was around 15 and you didn't need a jacket. We walked many a miles up and down the strip, road the monorail, and did a little shopping.

At the M&M store....crazy 4 storey store filled with everything M&M




We had a great time seeing KA a cique d' soile show...amazing what they could do. So worth the long 3.5 hours time share presentation we went to , to get tickets for $20 instead of $115. Truly talented actors is all I can say. I might have to see more Cirque d' soile now when they come to calgary ect. I have a new appreciation for Las Vegas shows.





We also went to see BODIES, which was an exhibit of real life bodies. Fascinating !!! The had full sized bodies on display that had been preserved as well as all the organs in your body. Trevor's favorite part was the circulatory system., they displayed all the veins and arteries in your body and filled them will red/blue color.....crazy fascinating. Well worth the $27

We enjoyed very yummy food.....especially at cheesecake factory. Jodi and I had been to this restaurant in Chicago and it was equally great. We ate here twice...... I might have eaten there everyday if I could....lol.
We had fun playing a few 1 cent slot machines....it was fun to play with not a lot of money. Oh and I am happy to say that I was up $30 on blackjack. We really didn't gamble that much which I think was the right thing to do. It is crazy the amounts of $$$ money people waste on that stuff.
We enjoyed going down to Freemont street ( old downtown Vegas). They had a light show that was dedicated to queen that was really neat. They had people singing, playing instruments, and doing art demonstrations with clay and spray paint. Amazing what some people could do.

Now that I have said all this.... I must say if I never went back to Vegas it would be totally fine with me. The amount of pornography flashed in your face is sickening. Women exploiting themselves everywhere. Really SAD ! It makes me so grateful that I live in Southern Alberta where we are a little bit more sheltered from the evils of the world. Although I think Satan is everywhere ....it was really evident in Las Vegas. Nice getaway but I am so glad to be home to my everyday life where we are so blessed.

3 comments:

Kristi & Mel said...

I so would agree with your last comment Tiff! All my family is heading there in April, and I have no desire to meet up with them there. I would rather spend my money and go to Disneyland with the boys or catch a Yankees game in NY. Glad to hear you had a good time and got away from the everyday life!

The Molcak's said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast. I totally agree with you about the pornography. I mean you know it's bad when guys on the street are just handing out cards and flyers with naked girls on them. It's definitely a place to see with all the lights and shows and stuff, but not somewhere you'd want to go on a family holiday! lol! Glad you're home so I can call and catch up with you!

Rayanna Hogg said...

Vegas baby!! Sounds like you guys had such a great time, it was probably SO SO nice to get away. Sorry you had to come home to such crappy weather!