Tonight I was in charge on the combined Yw/Ym activity and I am so glad to it over. It was huge success and the kids had alot of fun. I did a gigantic snakes and ladders game it was really fun. I got the idea from sugardoodle ( LOVE this site for all your church needs). I wish so bad that I had taken my camera now to show you the kids having so fun. At the end of the game I talked to them all about the different " ladders" or helps in our lives and the " snakes" or problems or temptations in our life. Then for a refreshment we had dirt pie with gummy snakes/worms coming out of them. Evan though it was a huge success I am so glad it is over....I get so stressed about those things....making sure everything goes well. So that is my Fhew it's over thing.


The last 10 days or so in the Sloan house have been nothing but sickness coming from both ends...it has not been pretty at all. Yesturday we went out to Tony's Roma's to celebrate my brother in laws birthday and while we were there Hunter got sick. He just turned to Trevor and started puking, I felt so bad I was sitting on the opposite side of the table and felt really useless....let's just say it wasn't pretty. So we quickly cleaned up what we could, made a quick dash to walmart for some gravol and it was home to bed for the kiddos. I just hate when my kids are sick, I wish I could take there place. Luckily I haven't gotten sick or who knows what I would do. Hopefully I think we are on the mend.........hopefully.
Monday I made bread....Yummy. I am trying to master the art of bread making and would LOVE LOVE LOVE a good whole wheat or semi whole wheat recipe if any one has one....send it my way PLEASE.
Trevor and I took the boys to BEANERS for there first professional haircut last week and the boys did so good....well go figure when they have a ball pit to play in ,moving animal chairs, and a movie playing. Well worth the $27 ???? ( maybe worth it.......that seems steep to me )







7 comments:
Hey Tiff, love reading your blog. I need to journalize more in mine! Cute background too! I just have the kids' favorite computer games added to my favorites. Then they can go through and choose which ones they want to play. Nickelodean has Diego and Dora, and they love this one best because they learn animals and explore jungles, etc. Your family is very sweet. I wished more people had blogs!!! Thanks to you though, I have been talking alot of people into creating one, so we'll see! Hope you have a great week. p.s your bread looks so delish!
Great post Tiff. I'm glad your activity went well.
The Youth must just LOVE you!! You're so creative... sounds like such a FUN activity!! I know how much work they are and it is exhausting and nice when it's over. You truly are an amazing mom, always trying to be better you are such an example to me.
I took Makenna to Beaners for her 1st hair cut too.... she screamed and cried the whole time-- but she loved to play after of course!
great post and thanks for the challenge... I'm in!
hope you guys feel better soon!! the activity was amazing their was alot of non members that i talked to at school the next day and they had a blast. Great job!!!!well hope you guys get better soon!!ttyl
Karleigh
I was seriously bawling reading your sisters blog. I think every mom goes through this.. and i do very often!. it's nice though to know that we are often in the same boats as moms. But we are so blessed to have out little bundles.
GREAT POST!
I'm so sorry to hear about Hunter. Trevor had to be feeling like a real Dad at that moment.
What a great activity idea! Since we're moving and I'm moving out of YW, I'm just going to have to tuck that in the back of my head. I would love it if you could email the "steps." I bet those youth love you!
Post a Comment