Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Happy Easter...only a few more sleeps.

So my kids really have no idea who the Easter bunny is yet...which is fine, I would rather them know the true meaning of Easter....which we have to work on some more. Hunter just enjoys doing what ever I have planned for him. We had a fun Egg dying family home evening on Monday to get ready for the Easter season. Poor little Gunner had to miss out, he was to tired to participate.
I am wondering what everyone does for Easter? What are you family traditions? I am looking at starting some news ones and need some ideas so send them my way...please. Have a great day.

3 comments:

Rayanna Hogg said...

SO cute TIff! I love the picture of the three of you! Painting eggs is always so fun no matter how old you are. I wish I had some great traditions for you but I don't really. Growing up we of course always painted eggs and then rolled them down the big hill behind the house. We also put out carrots and juice for the Easter Bunny the night before. Kinda silly but little kids love it. There is also the 10 days before easter, each day there is a little scripture and picture in a plastic egg and you read it over as a family-- it's all about the real meaning of Easter. It works great teaching kids about it. Hope you have a GREAT Easter.

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

cute pics, We dye eggs, we also have an easter egg hunt at home, I found a great book this year, it's from usborne books, called ' The Easter Story' we have read it every day this week, It's so cute to hear the girls remember parts. Of course we go pick out Easter dresses. But I need more traditions too, i am excitedto see what others do :)

Mary said...

Those are some magazine worthy eggs! NICE!

And how do you not tell them about the Easter bunny? We're trying to emphasize the real meaning of Easter, and Bridget remembers that part . . . eventually, but she's pretty darn excited about looking for eggs and her easter basket.