Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 06, 2009

Good Intentions..

So I woke up early this morning with good intentions of doing some Turbo Jam workout...and I just automatically got in the shower...DANG IT! It's hard to teach this girl new tricks, and break bad habits of not working out. Oh well maybe a nice long bike ride this after noon will do.

Yesturday we had good intentions of watching both session of General Conference, well lets just say a technical difficulty resulted in missing the first two speakers of the first session. So I was sad about missing President Uchdorf's talk I am sure it was fabulous. Then after having lunch in between sessions we couldn't help our selves but take a nice long walk with the kids and the dog. It was a beautiful day and the kids just weren't feeling conference, it was really hard to have them get anything out of it. I was pleasantly surprised that Hunter said " watching this is going to bring us closer to God" ...WOW...he does listen. I have really been noticing him take interest in the scripture stories lately.

The other day he came up to me and said " Mom touch me"

I replied " What"

Hunter: " Touch me I am filled with the power of God"

Oh the things they pick up on. He loves NEPHI...and was referring to when Laman and Lemual were told not to touch him for he was filled with the power of God ect ect. I just love this kid.

Conference wasn't a totally right off I did manage to take a few notes from both sessions I really enjoyed Brother Steven Snow of the Quorum of the Seventy ...he focused his talk on change and how we can get through it and embrace it with these four steps:



1. Listen to the prophet...he knows the way

2. Keep an eternal perspective

3. Have Faith

4. Be of good CHEER...I particularly loved this one. I think to often we are quick to complain or make judgements....sometimes we just need to laugh. He referred to brother Wirthlins quote of " The next time you are tempted to groan....LAUGH. (may not be exact wording). So true I am finding myself taking the time to just laugh at things I would normally get angry at. For example the other day I was working really hard at getting this house clean, I had done loads of laundry, vacuumed, swept the floor numerous times. Bless my little Gunny he went and smashed a wagon wheel in his hands and walked all over the house with it...Oh well lets just vacuum again. I was proud of myself not to get angry and to just laugh it off. Life is to short to be wasting it worrying about smooshed wagon wheels.


With the ever changing circumstances we face in life I think he put this really well and I am going to try and focus on these four steps as I face change and challenges in my own life. I hope each of you enjoyed conference as well. Although I may not have gotten all that I wanted out of it overall it was a great day with my family. I look forward to next month ensign when I can study more deeply the talks that were given.


So I hope today we can all be of good CHEER...let's make it a great day !

4 comments:

Jodi Pilling said...

loved this post. Thanks for the reminders!

Rayanna Hogg said...

I also LOVED his talk!! Thanks for the good reminder to be of good CHEER and to love life! Hunter is such a sweet little man--- make sure to keep writing all the cute things down that he says so you can remind him when he's older- and driving you crazy! LOL

Skye said...

Love your post! I needed that reminder to laugh more! I need to keep in check what's really important! Also--i'm loving the vinyl you have up on Etsy. Would you ever do a home party?

The Molcak's said...

That is too cute, it's good to know that he's absorbing what you're teaching him! Thanks for the reminder to be of good cheer! You're such a great example of that, you're always happy and see the best in people! I love that about you!