Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Smile !




Today may have started out a little rough, but a great sister came along and cheered me right up with a yummy lunch date at her house...thanks Jodes you are the greatest. So I feel bad about not keeping you more up to date with the Sloan family happenings, I vow to do better. Recently I had the opportunity to go to women's conference you can read my sisters blog for full details, but one of my favorite things from this conference and weekend away was learning to LAUGH. We are way to serious with our selves and life, we just need to laugh more. During one of the seminars a sisters played this clip at the beginning of her talk....I LOVE THIS.






It made us all laugh..it was great. I am so thankful for my select few really GOOD close friends that I have, that I can trust and laugh with..thanks guys you know who you are, and to all of you fellow bloggers out there I love you too.

Today I had a good laugh over my little crafty project...I don't claim to be a crafter by any means but I love it all the same. I found this great idea of randomly cutting up old jeans ( jean quilt) and making a picnic blanket with a vinyl table cloth as the backing. The vinyl table cloth is great so no grass or sand will stick to it. I am looking forward to many family picnics shared on this quilt, it may not be pretty but it will serve it's purpose well.
(Sorry I can't get the pictures down here) The first picture is of another new crafty, grocery bag holder that I LOVE !

4 comments:

Lynn said...

LOL!!! I can clearly see now that we headed the opposite direction COMPLETELY for Women's Conference. I am glad you all had SO much fun despite the horrible snow storm and side stop.

Laughter....it truly is the best medicine!

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

it's soo awesome :)

Rayanna Hogg said...

You ARE so crafty!! Your blanket is SUPER cute and I love the little bag holder!! I completely agree.... Laughter is the BEST medicine!! SMILE!

Mary said...

What a fun trip! My Mom and I have talked about going a few times. I can just imagine it's like EFY but better!!

Whatever you are not crafty Boonder. I love them!