Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, November 06, 2009

Cranberry Pecan Muffins...YUM !


Had to share this oh so yummy muffin recipe I can across.

Cranberry Pecan Muffins

1/2 cup. Margarine

1 cup Sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp Almond extract or Vanilla

1 cup sour cream

2 cups flour

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1/4 tsp salt

1/2 can cranberry sauce or 3/4 cup cranberries

1/2 cup chopped pecans ( optional)

Topping:

2 tbsp sugar

1/8 tsp. nutmeg

Cream Margarine and sugar. Add eggs and mix well with electric mixer. Add extract. Fold in sour cream. Combine dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients. Stir just till moist. Do not over mix. Fold in cranberry sauce and pecans. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle sugar topping. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.

One of my favorite muffins recipes I have tried so far. Definitely a keeper. I especially love the almond extract in them, makes they extra tasty. Makes about 16 large or 24 medium muffins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i will be trying these for sure. thanks!