Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 17, 2010

Continue in Patience...

For a long time I have really been struggling...struggling with myself and parenthood in particular. How do I measure up as a mom? Am I a good mom? How would my heavenly father see me? I love...LOVE...L...O...V...E my kiddos but almost daily they test my patience. Especially my H man who is so full of energy, spunk, and enthusiasm. Some days I just don't know how much more I can take. It is sad to say but I usually get frustrated and mad when really I just want to CRY....maybe need to cry. At times I wonder if really there are other mothers out there feeling this same way?...all there children look and act so well behaved and I feel it is a constant battle for me....a constant battle to continue with PATIENCE, love and understanding.


It also makes it especially hard when both me and my Dear Hubby think the same way....we want things done NOW...I find myself so often asking my children to do something and ending with the word NOW. I know it is not a good, nor a loving approach, it is just something I really have to work on...and I am. I just really want to be a good mom as all of you do I am sure. It is just so easy to beat ourselves up about it and sometimes get frustrated with life.
Luckily I came across a great talk by President Uchtdorf from the Priesthood session of this past general conference. It is definitely a good read if you have a minute.


Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well.


"Often the deep valleys of our present will be understood only by looking back on them from the mountains of our future experience. Often we can't see the Lord's hand in our lives until long after trials have passed. Often the most difficult times of our lives are essential building blocks that form the foundation of our character and pave the way to future opportunity, understanding, and happiness.
"

I am building Character" - love Tiff

4 comments:

Rayanna Hogg said...

I completely understand how you feel. Makenna pushes my patience all day long and it's so hard! You are an amazing mom Tiff and your boys are SO lucky to have you as their mom! Love the talk too.. it was so uplifting. Thanks for the great post.

Skye said...

I feel the exact same way! It's so nice to see that other Mom's go through the same thing. I think being a Mom is the hardest job in the entire world!!!

Lynn said...

The beauty of this horrible feeling is that we've ALL felt it at one time or another. Just know that this too shall pass. Pass by quicker than you can ever imagine.

Just like the other commenter said.....Motherhood is the hardest job in the world. I think all these feelings of inadequacy is totally brought on by the adversary. HE is SO sneaky in getting us to feel this from time to time.

Hang in there. You are a good mom! ( I know......cause mom's that are good like you are caring enough to wonder if they are doing a good job. ; D)

HUGS!

Christal said...

Tiffany we all feel that same way believe me I have chasing after and nagging and yelling days sometimes with masen he gives me a run for my money. And every day I try so hard like we all do to make each day better then the last for each of us but its tough! Patience really is a virtue isn't it!! You are awesome!! You are a great mom and those boys are lucky !