H-man was well aware why we were there and what would be going on, so I decided I will go first and show him it would be ok. They little G-man went and have a few big crocodile tears roll down his face, but honestly he handled the big needle great. Then in was time for Big H man and he was having NOTHING to do with it. To make a long story short I was able to grab him and two nurses and myself had to hold him down. HE went off the wall...like I mean CRAZY. He began hitting, kicking and SPITTING at the nurse...I was MORTIFIED !! I wasn't sure if I should cry, be angry or what. I felt awful at the same time for traumatizing the poor kid so badly. BUT all in all I kept my patience and tried to keep it together....for myself and probably the twenty other on lookers viewing the chaos. He soon settled down and was ready to ride his bike home. I was able to have a loving conversation with him when we got home and how he had made a few wrong choices. I was so proud of myself for keeping my cool and being a loving mom when he needed it most. Sometimes those are the times that really test our character and who we really are. All in all I guess it was just another day in the life of a mother... a day in the life of me.Sometime life throws things at you just to see how you are going to react. Today I faced the challenge head on and reacted with patience and love....yay me :) Since this last conference the talk given by President Monson on gratitude has really put my life into a more eternal perspective. It is really helping me to see all the wonderful things in my life even during those tough moments.







1 comment:
Oh dear. I just took Cole for his immunizations today and he got five! I had to hold him down, but he's definintely not as big as Hunter. That is so awful and so funny at the same time Tiff! Hunter is a kid with determination! Cole keeps telling me today "owie" and pointing to his collection of bandaids. No fun!
Post a Comment