Our Christmas season was well spent. We ended up going to the Sloan's on Christmas Eve and Christmas day morning. Christmas eve went without a hitch, same great food and company. I just love Trevor's grandma and grandpa Sloan. They are truly the salt of the earth. We stayed till around 10 and then back to our house to sleep. Then early Christmas morning we got up , got READY and off to Sloan's again. I learned a few new traditions at the Sloan's this year, like not opening presents in your pj's , waiting for everybody to arrive, having a bite to eat before opening and a family picture on the stairway in order from youngest to oldest. Not saying that any of these traditions were bad, just that they were new to me. This helped me to think of what Christmas traditions I would like to start with my own family. I would like to secret Santa a family each year, this year we had the opportunity of doing this with our good friends and it just helped kick off the Christmas season in the right spirit. I also would like to keep some of both Trevor's and my families tradition going. Christmas afternoon was spent at my families and it just felt like Christmas , we had the full meal deal, good company , and enjoying watching the kids play with each other. It was good just to hang out and have fun. Then boxing day my dad, Trevor and I went elk hunting up by waterton park. Although we didn't have any success it was a enjoyable time bonding with dad and Trevor. That night we enjoyed a quiet night watching T.V. The next day we went hunting as well this time we went to the community pasture and let me tell you , it was a day to remember. Not because I shot some amazing elk or saw any for that matter but it was a test of my own physical being. We happened to get onto a fairly fresh elk track and decided to follow it , well lets say we followed those tracks up and down steep hills, through knee deep snow at times and back again. I am so out of shape. I had to laugh when my dad asked if 2007 was going to be the year that I at 26 was in the best shape of my life. Hilarious, well we will have to see how I do. It was so great to enjoy the outdoors and the company I was with. My dad has always taken the time for me and it has always made me feel so special. Needless to say we had a good holiday. Hunter was so fun this year , opening up all his presents . I think everyone in the family thinks he is going to be a carpenter because he got 3 tool sets. He is continuing to talk more and more. He latest words are " baby, not no more, bye bye, and many more. Hunter and Carson at Grandma & Grandpa Jensens.
Seven Minutes
1 day ago







No comments:
Post a Comment