Friday morning Jodi and I decided to make a trip to Calgary to the zoo. We didn't leave coaldale till about 10:00, but arrived there in good time. It was suppose to be a nice day of 20C, but as we got closer to Calgary it seemed to get colder and colder. By the time we ended up at the zoo it was a chilly 10c, and our poor little kids where dressed in shorts and light jackets. Although the chilly weather we all had a great time and the kids behaved really well. I loved the look on there faces as they saw the huge elephants, giraffes, and hippo. Man those hippos are huge and ugly!!!! Jodi and I couldn't believe how half the displays it seemed had no animals in them at all, maybe they were backup displays or just to cold to let the animals out. We spent 3 happy hours there. The zoo has this great little kid area where the kids can play and no pun intended but that place was a ZOO of kids, and a little to hectic for me to keep up with Hunter 24/7. After the zoo we decided to be brave and take them to the mall, I don't know why but we always think they will " be good kids today shopping " ya right, kids and shopping at the mall just don't mix. Go figure because there was some really great deals. We were able to find some good deals on kids clothes at childrens place that made the trip worth while. After a couple hours of that and Tyson almost constantly saying " Can we go home now" , we left for home. Within minutes all three we fast
asleep. It was nice to take Hunter to the zoo and see how much he really enjoyed it. One more thing checked off my to do list for this summer.
I am really looking forward to this summer, hopefully I will be done work near the end of July sometime waiting for baby to arrive in October, and can spend the summer days outside beside a beach or park with Hunter. Today I have a doctor's appt. and hopefully when I go Dr. Raphael will be able to tell me the sex of the baby!!!! I really hope the ultrasound tech could tell. Then I can actually start planning a little bit better for this baby. I think Hunter is starting to clue in too about the baby. The other day I asked him what we should name the baby and he said " PUPPY" with all his conviction, sorry little man, it won't be puppy !!!







1 comment:
I'm glad you had fun at the zoo. Me and Tylee specifically sometimes got just for the kids park. Hunter is so cute and you really good too. I hope you found out the sex.
Post a Comment