Yesterday, Jodi and I decided to take the kids to Enchant Campground/Lake for the day. A girl in our ward, Holly Tews came with us as well. Lately the weather has been so hot and we have been doing anything to try and keep cool during the day. The kids had fun playing on the "waverunner" and Tyson had fun catching snails. Tyson is really into pets lately and catching all types of bugs. The beach there was so much better than Park lake and the water seemed a lot cleaner. It is amazing how well the kids all play when it is a change of scenery. We all had a lot of fun, and didn't get home till supper time. While we were there there where 3 kids , 2 boys and a girl about 12-14 age talking about sexuality, very descriptive in detail, and using horrible language, I got out of the lake to tell Jodi. Jodi went out and asked the kids not to use such horrible language. I was so proud of her. It really shocked me to hear kids talk so horribly and casually. Is anything off limits these days? What would there parents have done if they had heard them? Do there parents talk that way? It was interesting to hear that a couple of moms behind us said about the situation as well, as they disapproved strongly as well. I am glad to see there are still people with high values these days. What are we going to have to do to keep our children out of harms way? What a evil world we are beginning to live in? I am very grateful for the values that I have and was raised with.








1 comment:
Sounds like you all had a fun time.
Post a Comment