How could such a cute little face make me so frustrated lately?Okay so I bet you can tell by the title of my post that I am seriously in need of "JO" aka the super nanny, I am sure you have all seen the show on t.v. Hunter has been giving me my run for the money lately. He has been having terrible tantrums, and just acting out. The other night it was so bad, that I bet our neighbors thought we were killing him, and he was just having a full blown tantrum. I don't know why but recently he has been acting out more often. Hitting and pushing his cousin carson, and just constantly sassing me. GRRRrrrrr. I have been so frustrated we have tried our usual time outs in the bathroom, and occasional spanking, but nothing seems to work with him right now. I am beginning to get a bit worried because the new baby is due in 5 1/2 weeks and I would really like to curb this now. So I gave a call to my own " super nanny" my mom, and she gave me some good advice I thought I would try. She suggested the naughty mat, and a reward system of some kind. So I think I will give that a try. Anyone else have any good advice???? I would love to hear from you. Don't hesitate to comment either. Also all you who have potty trained I would love a little getting started help there too. I am hoping this is all just a stage or part of the "twos" and will soon be over.







2 comments:
HA!! Sounds like my life! Aidan totally went through that and now it's Xanders turn. Seriously, I'm experiencing the exact same thing as you right now! Xanader lives in time out. Spanking just makes it worse and Aidan see's us hitting and thinks it's ok so he does it. So the spanking is a vicious, useless cycle for us! I think it is just a phase, plus I know he can sense there is a change happening, with the new baby. Both my boys did the same thing. Just hang in there and keep doing the time out (totally love the super nanny by the way and use her tactics all the time!) and it will pass, believe me it will pass! When in doubt just walk away and breathe...that always seems to work for me. As for the potty training, I'll email ya the book I used plus a few of my own tips. Totally works! Hang in there!
Hey Tif, I know how you feel.. I have 4 days left of my 3rd pregnancy and oh my some days those kiddies just know how to push your exhausted buttons. Dave and I tried everything as well when Braysen was younger to stop the tantrums and outburst at home when Dave was at work... I would become so worked up from him and putting him in his room and listening to him scream and distroy his room was not the answer that one day I decided to put him in a cold shower clothes and all to cool him off and make him take a few refreshing big breaths to calm down. It does sound a little extreme but it totally worked... He hasn't had any big tantrums for a long time and when I could see them coming on again a soft reminder of asking him if he needed to have a shower, quickly defused the situation. I don't know if you want to try that... let me know if you do it and if it worked for you. CHER
Post a Comment