Hunter has been doing really well with his new little brother...which I must say I am quite suprised, he has his moments of course, but overall he is a very loving big brother. He always informs me when Gunner is crying, like I don't hear him or something....and makes sure he comes with us everywhere....like I would leave him at home. What a funny kid. Yesterday I took Hunter to his first Kindercise class, it's a exercise class for toddlers and there parents. Hunter wasn't to keen on going, but I was so we went. The teacher was trying to have it quite structured for the first 10-15 minutes and Hunter wanted nothing to do with that. He wanted to play on all the equipment and just run around like a chicken with his head cut off. I must say I was a little embarrassed, but what do you expect from a 2 1/2 yr old, of course they are not going to sit in a nice little circle and stretch when there are balls, trampolines, slides and jump ropes out all around them...Right? Well Hunter definitely had fun at the free time, just going wild and playing with our friends girls Lizzy and Ava. Hopefully next week he will be a little bit better.

So I thought I would write a list of all the CHRISTMAS things I would like to do as a family this year ...Maybe it will help my little family keep the true meaning of Christmas in our hearts a little more this upcoming season.
1- Go get a real Christmas tree as a family up at the Cabin or Community Pasture
2- Decorate the Christmas tree together
3- Give to a needy family
4- Do random acts of service
5- Play Christmas Music and sing Christmas songs
6- Read the Nativity Story
7- Have CHRISTmas Family Home evenings the month of December
8- Entertain family and friends
I know must of you are thinking that my little list is a silly idea , but I challenge you to keep CHRIST in CHRISTMAS this season and teach your children the true meaning of Christmas while still enjoying the festive traditions.







2 comments:
Tiff, I think your wish list is fabulous. We put our tree up Friday night as a family and we had the Christmas music blaring..it was a blast watching the kiddies dancin' and singin'. I know you'll have a great time as a family this special season. Take care..I love reading your blog.
I agree and I think your list is awesome!! We do a few of those things, as family tradition every year. We always read the TRUE Christmas story on the 24th, have fathers blessing for the upcoming year (also the 24th) and playing Christmas music the whole month of December (David LOVES Christmas music). We usually do the whole Christmas tree thing together too as a family but unfortunately we will be moving just before Christmas and won't be able to do that one. :( Sad!! At least we will be with family this year!! :)
Post a Comment