Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

{ Christmas Celebrations, Gunner's Baby blessing & New Years}

Christmas 2007 has come and gone....and man am I tried. We have had a very fun last week and a half. We went to the live nativity pageant in Lethbridge on the 23rd. I was happy that Hunter actually watched it and paid attention. I think it helped that it was live and had a real donkey and sheep.
Christmas Eve we spent it with the Sloan's as usual, and it was very fun. Hunter was happy to get Thomas the Train jammies, pillow and blanket ! Lorie did the nativity story with the kids, and Hunter and Maddie were in charge of holding up the picture. I thought it was a great way to involve the kids and still bring the true spirit of Christmas in. Mack & Lorie has a guy living with them from Brazil...Aurillo, and it was nice to be able to show him how we celebrate the Christmas season.



It was also nice to have Trevor's brother Cory down from Calgary, and his great grandma Richter there. Two people we don't see that often.
Hunter and Maddie had fun helping Papa Mac do dishes afterwards !

Christmas Eve we came home and slept at our own house, it was nice to be able to sleep in our own beds. I am pretty sure this was our first Christmas eve at home since Trevor and I got married 6 years ago. Christmas Day we went to Cardston and spent the day with my family. We had our big Turkey dinner and it was nice to have Grandma and Grandpa Jensen with us. We really enjoyed every one's company, played a few games, and then slept terrible that night. LOL Hunter was such a little stinker he wanted to sleep in his own bed and seeing how my sister Jodi and her kids were staying also there wasn't a bed for Hunter, Trevor ended up sleeping on the couch with Hunter all night ! Gunner also was up half the night just wide awake so needless to say we got little sleep. The next day my dad, Tyler, Trevor and I decided to take the boys sledding to Redford park. The hill was supper icy, Hunter and Carson weren't to sure about the whole thing. I think it scared Hunter pretty good. Carson on the other had would still go down. Tyson was a pro and had no problem.



The next day we went to the Cabin for the annual Skating party. Trevor had fun playing hockey with the boys. It was nice to be able to play cards and visit with family.














We had Gunner's baby blessing on December 30 at the church here in Coaldale. It was nice to have both families there, as well as Grandma & Grandpa Sloan. My mom gave a very nice opening prayer to start, and then Trevor gave Gunner a beautiful blessing. It was nice to have Grandpa Sloan in the circle as well as both grandpa's and Uncle Tyler, and Uncle Levi. Afterwards we had dinner and visited. It was a very nice day.



















New Years Eve Jodi and I had a party at here house, it was a blast. We had about 20 people there, we played games and ate a ton of food. It was nice to ring in the new year with great friends. Now I guess it will be time to think of family and personal goals for 2008....YIKES. I hope everyone was as blessed as I this Christmas, and I wish everyone a very happy new year !

1 comment:

The Johnston's said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas, and what a special time to bless Gunner! What a cutie! Congrats!