
Sorry for the long delay in a update here on my blog, so much has happened in the past few weeks it has been crazy busy. We went to Whitefish, during reading week with Trevor`s family and we had a really great time. I
couldn't`t believe all the snow there. It was so nice to just relax and spend some time together. Trevor and I , and the rest of the kids
got to go skiing one day together and it was a lot of fun. I haven`t skied in years and it was a little scary at first. Well lets just say I convinced Trevor to come with me down the bunny hill. You have to take a lift called the `` Magic Carpet``, it is seriously for little little kids and the hill
doesn`t have much of a slope. So here I am , 26 years old surrounded by 3,4 and 5 year
olds getting on this lift. Let me set the picture here for you, there is a ski attendant at the bottom of the Magic Carpet ( really just a glorified
conveyor belt ) helping the little ones get on safe, and there are about 15 kids around at the time. I wait my turn and then approach the carpet, I seriously think to my self this is going to be nothing.....I get up there, ski onto the carpet , and CRASH, SMASH, BOOM !!! I totally have a yard sale. A Yard Sale for those who don`t know is when everything goes this way and that... ....I was laughing so hard, my ski`s
didn`t pop off and the attendant had to shut down the lift.....LOL......one kid in front of me was asking his instructor what was wrong , and the instructor just replied..`Someone is just having trouble` ,
LOL . Trevor was behind me and trying so hard not to laugh. I know he knew better than to sit there and bust a gut. So after my Yard SALE, I successfully rode the magic carpet. We then went down a blue run, and I was fine, and few good snow plows hear and there, and I was feeling pretty good. After two runs down the blue, they took me to the top of the mountain. Yup you heard it right, they took me who just had a wreck on the little kids magic carpet and here I am riding the lift to the top of the mountain...YIKES. As I was going up the lift I kept thinking to myself , I can`t believe they brought me up here...It is crazy steep !!! I get off the lift and they take me to where you go down and it is really quite steep.....I took and deep breath and just went for it....believe it or not I was fine. I know you
aren`t going to believe me when I tell you I went the rest of the day wreck free and going to the top each time. It was a BLAST !!!! I could really pick up the sport again. Hunter had fun just staying at the cabin and playing. Each morning when we woke up and looked out our window we were pleasantly
surprised by a family of mule deer. Hunter loved looking out the window and seeing them each day.
5 comments:
Your trip sounds sounds fun! I have to admit, I did chuckle about your magic carpet story, you are such a good sport to keep trying, i probobully would of given up!! --Hilorie
p.s. I do have to admit I have been a snoop!! LoL
Okay, I'll stop snooping and I'll leave a comment. this is Sarah Kearl.
This trip reminds me of when I went skiing last year. All this little kids, like I know one was just 2 were just skiing down the hill, like it was nothing. And here i was just gripping my ski poles, like there's no tomorrow.
Ah, at least I got better.
BAHAHA That's TOO funny. Totally reminds me of my grade 5 ski trip, I'm pretty sure there's a 85 year old lady who'll never walk again because of me! haha I can attest to Tiffany's GORGEOUS home. I love it! I'm so happy for you guys. I know how happy you are to be out of "The Ghetto"!!! (and so are we, we were geting embarrased to go over there to visit)! hahaha jk ;)
I can totally understand where you're coming from with the whole magic carpet spectacle. When we were away I tried snowboarding for the first time and they had one of the magic carpets there too. The first few times going up was ok, but nearing the end I guess I started to get lazy and my board started to slip backwards down the conveyor belt. I ended up getting my board off the belt but i was still sitting on it. So there I am with my feet and board on the non moving hill, and the rest of me still climbing up the hill. I had to flop off of the conveyor to avoid taking down all of the people behind me. I bet I was about 3 feet away from the top too. It was seriously a riot. I hope you don't feel to bad now, lol.
Yeah Tiffany!!! That reminds me of the first time we all went skiing in school. We had our little lesson and while we were all standing there listening I totally started sliding down the hill-backwards. I got faster and faster and finally just fell down. Problem was, I couldn't get back up without sending myself further down the hill. So, that way hot instructor (we were in Jr. High) shows me how to lay on my stomach with all four limbs out in a star shape and push up with my arms so my butt is u pin the air, but my skis are grounded. We laughed! Oh that brings back good memories. We need to go skiing together. I would have laughed at you so hard! You rock for still going on. You were always like that--nothing could keep you from being a wuss. YEAH BOONDER!!
Post a Comment