*Handmade altered clipboard - I thought it turned out really cute ( hard to see in this pic...sorry)
* Bath & body works soap in honeysuckle...YUM
* Salt City Candle- Vanilla spice
* Smarties ( not really a favorite of mine, but they can't get them in the U.S, so I threw a couple packages in.
* Post it notes
* Martha Stewart Magazine
I am really hoping that my swap buddy enjoys it.
I hope Christal doesn't mind me doing a ME thinks Monday....
So lately I have really been thinking about friends....you know real friends. The ones you can always count on to be there when times are good, when times are tough. The ones that come and go and the ones that leave lasting impressions in your life. I have been blessed to have wonderful friends. I guess the topic has been on my mind because one of my bestest friends ever is moving away ....to Calgary. I know it isn't far but I am really going to miss you Carissa. We have done so many fun things together. Quick trips to Cutbank- just to go to J.C Penny, cabin trips, many dinners out, girls nights out, long talks on the drive to Greatfalls, lots of good laughs, and a few good cries. OH and I can't forget near death experiences...going in the ditch...LOL. I will greatly miss her , but know we will always be close friends. So this is a tribute to all the great friends in my life. YOU know who you are without mentioning all your names. Thank you for blessing my life.
Also I would like to pose the question... Why are we as women so hard on ourselves ? Why do we continue to batter our minds with being a smaller size, living in a bigger house, having more things, being in a popular group, or who can put on the best birthday party, or who "looks" like the best mother. Lately I have really been thinking how I could be such a better mom and I was talking to Trev about this....he said what are you talking about you are a wonderful mom. I just feel sometimes I could do so much better. I fear that I will raise my kids and have regrets...you know those ones... like oh I should have spent a little extra time reading to them at night , or I shouldn't have lost my patience, or why did I raise my voice at him. I think sometimes we as women are so hard on ourselves. Instead of looking at all the wonderful things about ourselves we chose to pick apart the negative. It has taken me a few years to get over a few issues I have had about myself, but I have learned to embrace them and see them in a different light. For example I have never been known as the crafty girl, or the girly girl, but I have learned to be those things...well a little anyway. Who can define crafty or a girly girl anyway....LOL. I have learned to see my own talents and not to focus on others and why I may or may not have those talents. I wish that we could all see ourselves the way our Heavenly Father sees us - beautiful, talented, the best, and the perfect size.







9 comments:
Ok I am seriously crying right now! I feel the same way, I am truly going to miss our fun times together. I'm terrified to move and yet excited at the same time! I know exactly what you mean about constantly beating ourselves up. I aways feel like people are better mothers than I am. I know it's stupid because Macy is such a happy little girl and I love her and I try really hard, so why compare??? I think you are a very talented girl and have so many talents that many people don't recognize as talents. You can make anyone feel comfortable in any situation. You accept people where they're at, and have a natural gift for making people feel good about themselves! So cut yourself some slack eh??? haha
Beautifully written tiffany I'm glad your doing it{I don't mind at all it gets us all thinking} so true all of it friends are the best!
And for beating ourselves up we do it everyday I have the same thoughts and feelings as you and trying to do everything and be the best at this and that and still feeling like we don't measure up to some imagined line we set for ourselves. We all need to be happy for ourselves for others and just try our best!SO hard to do sometimes!
And you are so talented I want to be your swap buddy what awsome package!! Great post! love it!
You have to love good friends. All mine are far away now.
thanks for your comments. I have a rough year and still trying to work on all this. thanks for what you wrote. have a good day.
What a awsome post Tiff.. We all have those unforgetable friends. And just buy reading your blog I know your a great mom.. I love your comment that we all just need to focus on ourselves and be great at what WE do.. Not others... How True!!!
Tiff I so love your posts and look forward to reading them. You have such a way with words and are so good at expressing how you feel. I know that it is so hard to look at other women and think they must be the "perfect mother" and to compare you skills to hers. But we each are blessed with our own special talents and skills to help us in our lives, and of course GREAT friends to help us improve on new skills that we want to learn as well. We all just need to be happier and know that we are doing the best we can with what we have been givin. YOU are a great mother and I'm so glad we are friends so that I can learn some of your GREAT mothering skills.... and yes you DO have a bunch!! You are the best Tiff and ya give yourself some slack! LOL
Okay, I didn't even think of half those things, so that's a sure sign you ROCK! That's something I always appreciated about you even when we were young--you thought about life.
That is so awesome. You know, when I moved away from my friends in Lethbridge, one of them mentioned in her blog how much I was missed at our monthly get togethers, and it was so nice.
I feel the same way about true friends. I really only have two that I feel I can talk to about everything.
I get the same way about being a mom. I guess I get too focused on the things like housework, and I feel like that is how I am judged. If I have a clean house, then I'm a good mom, and if I don't that day, I wasn't very good. When it's not that way at all.
What's wrong with not being a girly girl?? JK!! I totally know what you are talking about...I question my "mothering" abilities daily and quite often ask my husband what I can do better and his answer is always "Nothing! You are an amazing mother". We do tend to expect alot from ourselves because I think we expect a lot from our children too. The more kids I have (LOL) the more I learn to relax and not sweat the small stuff (especially the part about looking perfect or having the perfect home etc). Our kids won't remember that stuff...they will remember the time we spend with them. Thanks for that blog Tiff. Just know you are not alone...and power to the TOMBOYS!! hee hee! ;)
Okay, this is your swap buddy here and I had to tell you that I LOVED my stuff! My son loves the Smarties (my cousins are Canadian so we love Canadian candy), and the clipboard you made is so darling!
I am a little slow getting yours out but it is ready to ship tomorrow. So hopefully you will see it soon! Thanks again for all the items you put together. I loved them!
Post a Comment