Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 02, 2008

UPDATE ! Father's Day Idea...& Lots MORE !!

Okay so it has only been a week since I have blogged but it seems like forever...happily busy as usual. Lately we have been going to the park lots...well okay three times a week this past week seems like a lot ...for us anyway. Hunter really likes the park and seems to play well with others their..maybe it's all the fresh air. It has been nice to spend some time outside to for me as well. I just love being outside. Here are a few pics from our trips.










































I just love this picture of the two of them in the swing together. Gunner loved it !












Father's Day is soon approaching and I have thought of something a little unique to give my DAD for Father's day this year. WE are doing a service day for my dad ( Trevor & I) First I started with the following letter:

Service Agents
Tiffany & Trevor Sloan
2224 28th Ave
Coaldale, Ab
T1M 0A3


Service Recipient,
Don Jensen (aka Papa Don, Dad or The Legend)
Box 1373
Cardston Alberta
T0k 0k0



DAD,
You are being SERVED! You have been caught in the offence of serving others to an excessive limit; therefore you are going to be served by your kids, Tiffany & Trevor Sloan on June_____, 2008. Please save the date for your service to begin. We are willing and able to do many things…so put us to WORK! Make a wish list of things you would like us to do that day and we will be ready. Service to be followed with a fun filled evening of visiting and food.


With Love,
For a extra special DAD for Father’s Day,
Signed by US .






Then I made this cute little envelope to put it in.
















This is the letter from the outside...tried not to make it too girly...it's for my Dad after all.


















Sorry the pics are great, I couldn't figure out my scanner...Grrrr !


I mailed it off today and really hope it gets there before the day we are doing it ! I just really wanted to do something more meaningful for my Dad this year. My dad is what you would call the strong kinda silent type that hates to ask for help. But he is far the most deserving of a little service, He is always helping someone, somewhere ! Check back for a update.


Saturday I went to the Mom & Tot garage sale in Lethbridge and scored a few great things.
* 3 Gap hoodies - Paid $8, $8, & $0.25
* 2 pairs of Old Navy Jeans- Paid $ 4 each
* 5 Books - Either $0.50 or $0.25
* Old Navy beanie $0.25
* Gap Jean Jacket brand new without tags- $10
* Two handmade beanies from http://www.lotsofknots.ca $12 each. Super cute stuff, check out her site.

All the things I bought were seriously like brand new...Love a good garage sale. There was a ton of people there, a little chaotic, but fun. I will definitely attend again next year.


Today I had my first official R.S meeting...and it went great. The sisters in my RS presidency are really great and willing to help out wherever needed. We are going to be starting what is called FYC or Fill Your Cup in August where we as sisters will meet once a month and discuss random topics, do random activities, and have guest speakers. We are also going to be starting a Freezer Meals group where the sisters can sign up and make one or two meals to take home and freeze, I hope this will be a great success. There are so many fun things to do, it's kinda hard narrowing it down to a few things. I am just really excited about this new calling and hope it will be great !

I have been busy, but it's great to be busy. "To blessed to be stressed" has got to be the theme for the past week. I hope you all have a fab day. Enjoy the smell of the fresh rain too !

6 comments:

Rayanna Hogg said...

Tiff your blog is so awesome! I love the pictures of the boys at the park... so much fun!!! You are so talented with your ideas, the fathers day SERVICE letter is fantastic! Your dad is so lucky you have you. The Mom and Tot's Garage sale was a blast and yes the deals we got were smokin hot! It's a good thing we (you) were there early! LOL It was a blast, a great morning without kids!

Anonymous said...

tiffany that picture of hunter and gunner is so cute

Christal said...

cute pictures of hunter and gunner love it!! And love the letter and format and all you did for your dad we did that for Darrens mom for mothers day but yours is so so cute love it!! I so wish I could have gone to the garage sale but we had to be somewhere else next year! Love your ideas!!

kelly said...

what a great idea for father's day!

Nancy said...

your fathers day gift sounds great. You are so good. Your boys are so adorable. I love the double wammy swing.

Mary said...

Dang lady! You've been busy. Great Dad's day idea. My favorite though is the pic of your two boys in that swing. That is just too darn sweet.