Hunter & Gunner at the petting Zoo.
Today I found this great idea from Tip Junkie...all of you know I am a huge fan of tip junkie. It was a tip for a 12 course meal for toddlers. Check it out over at tip junkie. But this is the gist of it.
Take whatever kid friendly foods you want...I used : Cheddar cheese, ham, marshmallows, cucumber,peas, grapes, pickles, wheat thins,fishy crackers, summer sausage, brownie , and cherry raisins. Put them in a mini cupcake pan and serve. Hunter loved this cute idea for lunch. He loved eating out all the different little goodies for lunch. He Even ask for it several hours later after he was finished with it. A for sure hit ! Thanks tip junkie for sharing.
ME Thinks Monday
Have you ever wondered or been asked... Are you giving back or taking from the world/society ?
Silly thing is , I was actually driving home from our rafting trip , listening to a great little U2 song that asks this exact question, and our friend Ryan asked me if I ever wondered about this very thing. I simple replied " I hope to think that I am giving back " So often it seems we get caught up in our own worldly, selfish desires and self and forget what we can be doing for others. I must admit I too get caught in that worldly trap of selfishness and ungratefulness. It makes me think what have I done to help another or give back. Have I done enough ? Of course not ! I could be doing so much more ? How can I teach my children about being unselfish and more giving, more grateful.
I think it begins with ourselves. We can't teach others how to give if we are not giving ourselves. I love the quote " When you are in the service of your fellow beings, you are in the service of you God" ( May not be exact wording ...sorry ) To often we get worried what others are thinking and doing and not doing what matters most....Giving BACK. I know this little question has made me really contemplate my own life and more aware of what I need to be doing. So asks yourselves ... Are you giving or taking ?
May this little thought of mine get your own minds going with what we could all be doing...striving to be a little better!
Have a fabulous Day !







6 comments:
Great ideas Tiff! I'll have to use this one on my kids.
That is such a great idea Tiff... I will have to try this with Makenna. Looks like you guys had fun on the weekend.... cute pictures.
So I made Bridget's lunch in a 6 cup muffin pan and she totally ate everything (well, except for the dried apricots, but she actually put one in her mouth to taste it)! Like, I've never, ever had her eat so well--lunch is always the worst for her. Thanks for sharing!! And that darling little Gunner--gosh he's getting big!
love the tip junkie idea I'll have to try that! Love your me thinks this week how true eh are we doing our best to give back or wallowing?? So many fun things to think about love it! Love all the pics too looks like fun! Your boys are so adorable! ttyl
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea. It's so true, if you want your kid to do something (like eat) than all you have to do is put a lile fun and excitement into it! You're such a great mom!
What a cute lunch idea. I'll have to try that just mix things up. Sorry about your bad wednesday...at least the rest of the week was better! :)
Post a Comment