Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Pinch of Patience

Okay so I don't know if any of you have ever had a day like mine today, I am sure a few of you have, that is why I need to VENT. So here it goes...today was just a total right off for me, Hunter wasn't listening, running crazy all of the dollarstore and london drugs, being sassy and just not being a very nice boy. It just makes me lose all patience...and I just lose it. I mean I just get so short with him, raise my voice and am so quick to give him a time out on his naughty stool or even worse a spank. I don't know what it is ...but the 3's are hard. WAY harder than having a two year old. They can talk and they have there minds made up how they want things done. Anyway it wasn't even noon yet and I had HAD IT ! Luckily with the grace of Heavenly father two little miracles came to my door. First a package from my favorite things swap that I participated in, secondly an amazing visiting teacher.




First in my little package I got the cutest metal measuring spoons that have engraved on them " A pinch of Patience" serious was that a lightening bolt to the head or what. WOW. It totally made me step back and think of how awful the morning went and all I needed was some extra patience, more patience than I had or was willing to give this morning. Then second my amazing V.T came over and she is just so REAL. So gets life and what we as women go through. She has three boys herself and she could totally sympathize with me. It was so nice to hear that I wasn't the only mom who " loses it " every once in awhile. I must say the afternoon was a little better but it seemed the day was already lost. So needless to say I have some repenting to do. Here I am trying to be a little better like always. Sorry for such a downer entry but I needed to vent and feel much better. Question what do you do when your patience is gone ? After saying sorry to Hunter and feeling terrible for my lack of patience today, reading scriptures together, and saying a prayer I must say I feel much better. Hoping for a much better day tomorrow:)

"'You reach the greatest heights while on your knees.'"
--Quoted by Bishop H. David Burton; Ensign, November 2001, page 66.

4 comments:

Jodi Pilling said...

Sorry to hear you had a crappy day. I totally know what those days are like. Thank goodness there are WAY more good days than bad. And yes I totally agree that the 3's are WAY harder than 2's. That is cool about the measuring spoons! Love ya!

Christal said...

sorry about your day I seem to be having to many of those lately too. Great idea to sit down and read scriptures together I need to do that more often for other times then just scripture study! Lvoe the measuring spoons too! Thank goodness for good surprises eh!! And good thing that everyday is a new day to start over and try again!! ttys

Mary said...

I shouldn't laugh because days like that totally stink (and are NORMAL! Glad to hear I'm not the only one), but like can you imagine us with sassy kids in a store! Sometimes I just step back and look at my life and I find the whole thing amusing. When did we get to be Moms!

One of our apartment neighbors is a retired couple in their 80s and it's always refreshing to visit with them. Her name is Nellie and she said the funniest thing to me "they tell you my age are the golden years. Nope, their the TRASH YEARS! You are really in the golden ones" and at the time I smiled and thought (that's because you're not living them).

But, sometimes I think on that to help me gain perspective when I put Bridget in her crib and sit in front of a bowl of ice cream (didn't you know, that's the secret. Prayer, scriptures, and ice cream)! I always feel a little bad at Nellie's house because Bridget is trying to get candy out of the jar and being shy/growling at Nellie when Nellie tries to talk to her and Nellie just laughs and smiles and likes having a little person around.

So, I think you rock for being a parent that cares enough about your kid to care how his behavior is and sticking with it! Here's to another day (let's hope it at least involves ice cream next time)!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that I am not the only one to have these kinds of days. (and I only have one, oh,no) anyways thanks for venting. makes me realize i'm normal. hope your days are going better!! have a good weekend.