Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Gossip.....Updates !

Okay please don't anyone get scared about this post...just know that I am a little frustrated right now with the subject and need to vent. I am now realizing after 27 years of life how hard it is to find really great, trustworthy friends. I have been really blessed throughout my life to have great friends and very rarely do I have to worry about being the topic of gossip from there mouths, but sometimes stories get construed and mixed up and people's feelings get hurt. Why is it in the heat of the moment we talk with words we would never usually use, or say things we would not want anyone else to hear.....could it be sole frustration? Why is it that we as women tend to get caught up in the snare of gossip and back biting, it really is sad. Now don't any of you think that I haven't gossiped before or that I pretend to be an expert on the subject because I am not. I feel really bad about something that came out of my mouth and hurt someone very close to me. Although all settled and fine now, I still feel the burn of hurting another. I don't want to be part of the awful trap of gossip. Too often it hurts greater than any of us would know. So having said this, know that I am going to be trying to stop the cycle....I am going to let it begin with me.
On a lighter note, we just got home from 10 days of fun filled camping with friends and family. We went to Cardston days, to the cabin and camping to wasa lake. I would love to post some pics right now to share the fun we had with you all but my camera is in Trev's truck at work...grr. The kids had a blast especially Hunter playing with all his cousins and friends at the lake. Gunner is feeling much better after 10 days of a " snot filled " head cold. Poor little thing, he is making it up now sleeping till 10 am this morning.
I just wanted to share two testimony builders I had this past week.....
1) We were at our cabin on a Sunday and we are firm believers in NOT quading on Sunday. Trev's older brother Cory was down for a visit and needed to go home Sunday night. His car was parked at the from gate to our cabin , I would say about a 2km walk or so. After being offered a truck ride out, Cory and sister Dallas and friend decided to take to quads and take him to his car. Auntie Dallas wanted to take Hunter with her on a quad ride, but after a quick thought about keeping the sabbath day....I said no. Luckily I made the right decision. On the way back Dallas hit a ditch and smashed her face into the handle bars of the quad breaking off two of her teeth....OUCH !. That would have been my little Hunter's face. A sure testimony of keeping the sabbath day holy for me. ( Not to make my poor sister in law feel bad) I am just happy I didn't let Hunter go.
2) While camping at Wasa lake, Hunter decided to wander off. Trevor and I were busily trying to get packed up to go home and both of us thought the other was watching him. My worst fear came true...HUNTER was MISSING ! We quickly rounded up a search party of 10 or so and were yelling out his name and crazily running and driving around camp to find him. The worst things go through your head when your little one is missing. I said a quick little prayer in my head praying for his safe return. After what seemed like a lifetime...probably 10 minutes or so. He was found safe and sound down a trail " Looking for Carson" his best little buddy. Instant relief is all I can say. I can say I seriously felt sick to my stomach over the whole thing. Quickly I said a silent prayer of thanks to my heavenly father for his safe return.
I can't say how truly blessed I am to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. There isn't a day that I don't feel blessed by it. I hope we all realize how blessed we truly are. Have a fabulous day !

6 comments:

The Molcak's said...

Sounds like you had a great time camping. I'm sad that we couldn't make it, naybe next summer.

Rayanna Hogg said...

Wow you sure have been a busy girl... CAMPING!! Your boys are going to be so used to tents they will be ready for next year!! Im so with you on the gossip thing... I think it's time to leave people and THEIR business be even though it is super hard I know I'm guilty for it too! I will try and be way better too!!

Mary said...

Wow! What a blessing that he didn't go on the quad. So nice to be out with family away from regular life! Always so uplifting to read your blog girl. Love ya.

Andy said...

not gossiping is my new years resolutioin... every year....

Anonymous said...

I haven't been the subject of any girl gossip (thankfully) but I've been dismayed at a lot of people I respect and love who participate and "talk" just to try to have something to say...especially stuff that isn't nice or isn't true. Women - we need to back each other up more!

p.s. gotta be happy about keeping the Sabbath day holy. Good call :)

Anonymous said...

I have been the victim of gossip -- big time. You see, I'm a military wife (married to an Army Ranger) and another Ranger wife decided to spread rumors that I was cheating on my husband with a member of the rescue squad and that I'd had an abortion while he was deployed. None of it was true.

During that deployment, I suffered a miscarriage that nearly took my life. A Red Cross message to my husband (who was brought home because Madigan Hospital thought that I was going to die), blood transfusion, and two operations later I am healthy and working towards adopting a sibling group of four.

My husband never believed the rumors because they were utterly ridiculous but the other military wives believed it until their husbands were told in a meeting at Batt. to tell their wives the truth. Apparently the gossip reached the wife who led our Family Readiness Group (a woman who visited me while I was in the hospital and spoke with the doctors). She was furious and convinced her husband to squash the rumors.

Thank goodness that we are no longer at that post or with those women (I keep in touch with that FRG leader though). It was a very upsetting experience and it came at such a painful time in our life.

I'm not sure why I decided to share all of this with you. It is my very first visit to your blog.

Blessings!
Lacy

RazorFamilyFarms.com