Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 12, 2008

Just Call me Martha.....Oh & we have a winner !

These last two days have been a whirlwind of fun....Martha Style ! My bestest friend aka my sister Jodi and I have been cooking and baking up a storm. First it started with making 140 wontons for wonton soup....they ended up being quite easy and super Yummy ! Don't hesitate to ask for the recipe if you are interested. Then we decided it would be a great idea to make spring rolls too. So a mad dash back into lethbridge for additional ingredients. We successfully made 70 of those too. Call us crazy with two three year olds, and two babies grabbing at our attention throughout the day, but it was well worth it and really fun.

Today we got this great idea to steal Bakerella's idea and make cupcake pops. Wow what a LOT of work. This little project took me all afternoon. It didn't help that Hunter was acting up and not listening...but that is a whole other story for another day. The final product turned out pretty dang cute, but I would change a few things if we did them again, like using premade bite of brownies instead of making your own filling of cake and icing. The tasted alot like skor cake to me...which is always a crowd pleaser. I think they are a really cute idea as a gift or to take to a party. I will have to do another attempt and let you know how they worked out.


Sorry the pictures really do NOT do them justice at all, this is when a nice Canon Rebel would come in very handy....LOL.

I bet you think that is it for our day but you are oh so wrong. Tomorrow our ward is having a family temple day with the primary children and I was asked to bring a pan of rice krispie squares for the kids, but after some thought and thinking that is a little boring. I decided at 8:00p.m to make sugar cookies with a Cardston Alberta Temple cookie cutter I had just got. Thanks to my sisters willing attitude and help we managed to make 40 large temple cookies completely iced and decorated , ready for the kids tomorrow. So that has been my very productful day. Stay tuned for the next episode of Just call me Martha, my sis and I still have a few projects up our sleeves.

Hurray we have a WINNER....for my 100th post giveaway, I had to draw just a bit early I forgot I was going to be away tomorrow. I used a random number generator online and this is what it pulled out of 36 entries.......

# 3 Mary

Whohoo for you. Hey girl send me your current address and I will get your goodies send out pronto. Oh and let me know which candle you want as well.

Well this is to a very hectic, productive, fun and eventful day. I hope each of you can find HAPPINESS within all the craziness of our lives. Luvs....Tiffany

8 comments:

Jodi Pilling said...

we did have fun didn't we! Thanks for all the good times with many more to come.

Jackie S. said...

HEY!!! I would LOVE the wonton recipe... I love them and would love to make them. Also those cupcake pops are super cute... this is one thing on my to do list.

Christal said...

wow you guys are amazing!! how fun and love the new look of the blog you are so good!! Can't wait for the next episode of just call me martha should be a weekly thing ! Good job on all the goodies ! Where did you get a temple cookie cutter? Well ttyl

The Molcak's said...

Wow, you guys really baked up a storm! haha. Looks like you made some yummy things! You're so good for making those temple cookies, I'd be like "here's a pre-packaged" rice krispie square kids!lol!

Rayanna Hogg said...

Go Martha go!! Looks like they all turned out so cute and yummy!! Good thing you are so close together you can do those sorts of things. The cupcake pops are so cute... I will need to try this for sure.

Mary said...

Wow lady! So what do you do with all those wontons? Do they freeze? I made them once and I think we only made like 10 and they took HOURS! I'm exhausted just reading about it.

Love those cute popscicle things.

We need recipes!

Anonymous said...

you were busy!! how fun though. i may have to get the recipe from you. i'm willing to try something new. have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

Looks like you two had a LOT of fun! the cupcakes look delish! Way to go on being productive, I've really gotta try that hee hee.