Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

{New Beginnings }

Today I began a new beginning for our family... I decided with the new school year starting it is time to get back into our routine...or begin one for that matter. I woke early this morning before the kiddos waked and went for a jog with the dog around the block. It was so nice out this morning, the dew on the grass was heavy and the air outside was crisp, clean and so refreshing. I don't usually get up before the sweet whisperings of Hunter in my ear saying " It's morning time MOM" but today it was so nice for a little me time.

I think it shocked Trevor that I actually did get up with him and that we were able to start our day off with couples prayers before he went on his way to work. I was shocked at how much I got accomplished before the kids woke up around 8:45. I managed to have a shower get ready and dressed, make two beds, load the dishwasher, do a load of laundry, and feed the dog and walk her. WOW, you can get alot done in a hour and twenty minutes !!! It was nice to get a head start on things before the normal activities of the day with the kids started. So here is to new beginnings or lets say new routines around the Sloan house.

I am really looking forward to fall. Fall is my most favorite time of the year. I love the smell of cold mornings, the changing of the leaves, and good old hoodie and jeans weather that it brings.

Oh and I can't forget Hunting season....yes that's right. I really enjoying being in the outdoors and hunting with my dad and Trevor. I am looking forward to this years season.

This week I really have to get working on my church calling, I am the relief society enrichment leader and we are planning on doing a FAb Friday in November ( just like a super saturday) and I am in desperate need of crafty ideas...if you have any please send them my WAY...asap. It would be greatly appreciated. Also this week I am going to look into finding something that I can do this fall with the kiddos during the day..say maybe swimming lessons, or gymnastics, or library , I am not quite sure but I think we need to find something to occupy some of our inside time this fall...any ideas?

Well I hope you all have a great week and that you are all falling back into the swing of things with the new school year !

4 comments:

Andy said...

good for you... getting up to run early. that's one thing I could never do. last year I was on the enrichment commitee and my two fave things we did at "frosty fri" were a FHE board and an alphabet, church quiet book for the kids. we also did recipes with storebought dough, a service project, fleece scarves and blankets.... that's all I can remember. but it was fun and I love my FHE board.

Mary said...

Painful, but once you're out, it feels so good, huh! Way to go girl!

I always used to sleep in and my morning started with Nick bringing Bridget to me because he had to catch his bus to work. Sometime this last January I just wasn't fitting exercise in either and after trying to avoid mornings, but never succeeding, I got up and out for a jog in the cold rain and realized how refreshing it was to be with the crisp morning and my thoughts. Pretty quickly I was sleeping better, needing less sleep, feeling happier about life, and actually waking up in the morning naturally!

I do this with only one child. And I'm still not a size 8, but I feel good and I'm terrified how to keep it up with a new baby and sleep deprivation. I have a friend who just had her third and she is the peppiest, healthiest, one of the most sincerely spiritual women. I occasionally run into her when I'm out earlier on my morning jog and her secret is she gets up early too (and goes to bed early--she says like around 8 or 9)!

Girl, you are all too crafty. But here's my idea. They did this in another ward and I always wanted to do it since. Take a frame and put sheet metal in it to make a cute magnet board. Probably so overdone. I am really out of the craft loop. But I still want one like 4 years later. You can buy cute magnets or get little board cut outs to paint and glue on magnets.

I'm personally a big fan of those activity laminated folders.

Good luck! I would dread if it were my responsility. You are so in the right calling.

Rayanna Hogg said...

Go Tiff Go!! That is so awesome that you got up early... and went jogging!! Power to ya girl.... keep up the good work. Too bad we don't live closer so we could go together!

A fun Ideas is to make a decoration(s) for each season or holiday. Each station is a different season and the craft is simple and is interchangable- so you just swop it when a holiday comes. I have seen one in a frame and you just change each season... super cute! I hope this makes sense?? If not sorry! LOL You are crafty- yes YOU are! You are perfect for this calling.

We NEED to do something soon! Some serious catching up is in order!! Talk to ya later.

James and Monica said...

I love it!! Well, there's a lot of vinyl lettering ideas. Those are very popular right now. Just some blocks that say "boo!" or "halloween". There's also vinyl on tiles. They're super cute. Making cards is also fun! Good luck!!