We have been so blessed once again to enjoy a fabulous General Conference. It was great to hear from all the wonderful speakers. I especially loved the address from our dear prophet President Thomas. S. Monson in the sunday morning session. It spoke right to my heart about alot of things that I have been pondering lately and thinking about. He talked about all the different " CHANGES" we go through in our lives. He talked to us moms with little children and how not to wish away today for tomorrow. How to enjoy the toys strewn all over the house and the never ending pile of laundry, to enjoy TODAY. Several times in his talk I was brought to tears and couldn't have gained a better insight to my own personal life and situation more than at this time. I am so greatful for a living prophet on the earth today.
Last Saturday Trevor & I took the kids to the Pumpkin Fest at a local greenhouse. Hunter had so much fun jumping in the astro jump and getting a sword balloon. Gunner enjoyed watching all the activities and getting his face painted....okay that was more for me than anything. LOL
Tonight for FHE we went over to our local fire station with Auntie Jodi and family to learn about the fire trucks and fire safety. The kids LOVED IT !
Simulated smoke room, I couldn't believe how dark it was in there. Neat to see for sure !
Hunter & Carson in the old fire truck...this was cool. Hunter experimented and honked the horn. It was funny.
Sitting on the back of the fire truck.
The "guys" at the fire hall were really great, they even let the kids try on a real fire helmet.
Well that is our little family update. We are happy and healthy. Looking forward to Thanksgiving and some fun time with family.







7 comments:
WOW! How cool is your fire department to do that!!
I totally loved conference this time! I soo needed to hear most of it!! (Funny how that works!)
Fun times once again. Cute pictures of the boys, I wish I would have rememberd to bring my camera.
I felt the EXACT same way throughout President Monson's talk. We're are so lucky to have such direct guidance in our lives. What a great idea to take the kids to the fire department. I bet they learned a lot about fire safety. I remember we did that when I was a kid, and then the next FHE we had a "follow up" where we planned our escape routes and where to meet up as a family should something happen. It was really neat. Looks like you guys had a blast at Pumpkin Fest. It's so nice that you and Jodi have boys around the same age so they can play together. How fun!
I felt the same way while watching President Monson's talk. I felt like it was exactly what i needed to hear right at that moment while we were trying to watch and our little guy was tossing toys all over the place!!!! :)
wasn't this confrence awsome i loved it. Looks like you guys have had to much fun these day haha jokes you can never have to much fun.
You guys have so much fun!! What a great idea for fhe! And conference was awesome as usual eh! What great reminders on how we should be living! I loved loved the change talk that was my favorite too right when I needed it! Keep enjoying life love your blog!
that all sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to take my girls to the corn maze and fall festivities here! And what a great idea for FHE!
Post a Comment