Is anyone else getting super excited for Christmas yet ? Well I sure am, I just love the holiday season, all that it means and represents, oh and of course the giving that comes with it too. We are going to wonderful black Friday in the states and I just can't wait. We have been for the last two years and it has become quite a little tradition. We usually head down with my parents and just have fun and go crazy shopping. I am going to get all my shopping down while I am there. It seems if I start my shopping earlier the more I buy. We really don't need MORE STUFF. I am trying to find things that the kids will really enjoy and meaningful gifts for the rest of my family. We have recently just bought for the nieces and nephews and it has really worked out great...with a $20 limit per child. Also both sets of parents are trying to find more meaningful gifts as well. Last year Trevor's family took us to Whitefish for a week and stayed all together in a condo...so FUN. This year my parents are looking into paying for a week at Echo lake. I would way rather build lasting memories with my family then have some useless , not wanted gift. ( that sounded a little harsh ). Don't get me wrong I have received many wonderful gifts over the year but I am just really loving the idea of making memories together. Trevor and I still buy for each other and I am constantly working on his wish list....he is really easy to please and sometimes that makes it so hard to get him something he is really excited about. As for me I have been thinking of my " wish list" and not a whole lot of things have come to mind...oh except the new Sarah Mclachlan CD, LOVE her music.
Also I really would like some big ticket items but that just isn't reasonable....like a SLR camera and the Greg Olsen Painting " The gentle Healer" , such a beautiful picture of the saviour, but so dang pricey !!! I will have to see if I can't find a cheaper not so big version.
Sorry for the selfish wanting list !Also I have really been thinking of little traditions that I can start with my own family. Any ideas for a family with two young kids ? HOW can I make it more meaningful in there little lives and not just about the gifts ? Jodi and I thought it would be great to have a little sleep over with all the grand kids, early December, and just have a fun play date, with lots of Christmas crafties, fun food and a good Christmas movie , then end it off with all the kiddos sleeping on the floor together. I really think it is important to build those strong extended family bonds as well.
Here is to getting in the Christmas spirit EARLY. Have a wonderful day !







5 comments:
Love your blog - you are way too cute! I can't wait for Christmas because that means we come home and see family and hopefully friends if everyone's not too busy!!
I tried to leave a comment earlier, but it wouldn't let me??? Anyways, I loved this post! It got me all excited about Christmas. I can't wait for "the season" to get here. I love that peaceful feeling I get when everything turns "Christmasy", you know, when everyone is thinking about other people whether it be buying them something or doing something nice for someone else. I'm also going to miss our yearly gingerbread house decorating! So sad:(
I left this long old comment and it wouldn't let me either last night! Annoying eh! So anyway loved this post I like your wants too! I love christmas its my favorite time of the year!
Of course I always loved Christmas, but it is definitely way more exciting with little kids. I'm with you on trying to make gifts more meaningful. Nick and I have thought it would be cool to have a totally "homemade" Christmas with only gifts you've made, but seeing as how I've yet to actually even do a Christmas card, likely not happening soon.
I think the family day and sleepover would be so much fun! Probably a little crazy, but a special tradition.
I LOVE Christmas!!! I can't wait for the season either but I guess it's best to get through Halloween and Thanksgiving first.
I started a tradition with Caden of getting a Christmas book for him each year that we read on Christmas Eve (or the 23rd). He gets to open 1 present early and this is it. He loves it!
Post a Comment