Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I would follow thee....

Savior, may I learn to love thee,
Walk the path that thou hast shown,
Pause to help and lift another,
Finding strength beyond my own.
Savior, may I learn to love thee-Lord, I would follow thee.


Who am I to judge another
When I walk imperfectly?
In the quiet heart is hidden
Sorrow that the eye can't see.
Who am I to judge another?
Lord, I would follow thee.


I would be my brother's keeper;
I would learn the healer's art.
To the wounded and the weary
I would show a gentle heart.
I would be my brother's keeper
-Lord, I would follow thee.

Savior, may I love my brother
As I know thou lovest me,
Find in thee my strength, my beacon,
For thy servant I would be.
Savior, may I love my brother-Lord, I would follow thee.

I just love the words to that beautiful song and wanted to share.
Recently I have really been reflecting on my life and my love for the Savior. I have been truly blessed and would be so ungrateful not to recognize his hand in my life. People every where are suffering from illness, lack of work, low self esteem, financial crisis , broken hearts, hunger and so many more awful things. I really have nothing to complain about. I have a very blessed life. I have tried to concentrate more on how I may help and life another....even when it is tough. Sometimes we just have to get out of our comfort zones and be more like him you just never know how you can make a difference is someone Else's life. You never know when that smile or hello is going to mean the world to someone....or that plate of goodies to a neighbor you haven't met. Just more random thoughts from my head.

I got a new church calling on Sunday......anyone guess ???




If you guessed Young Women's you are RIGHT ! I am the second counsellor and I am truly excited. I know it is going to be alot of work and " extra hours" but I am up for the challenge and can't wait to dig in. I am looking forward to getting to know the girls personally and building lasting relationships. Any advice from previous Y.W would be greatly appreciated.

Today we spent most of the day at home slaving over the usually housework...when I decided it was time to make some cinnamon buns again....YUMMY.



Wishing everyone happiness,
peace and love in there lives.


9 comments:

Mary said...

Dang girl! You are going to put Cinnabon out of business!

Exciting on your new calling! I'm in YW too. We only have 11 girls total in our whole YW, but isn't YW the best? Such great youth who have such a great potential. You'll have so much fun!

Anonymous said...

wow your cinnabons look amazing i bet they taste as good as they look
well have a great day and i will see you tomorrow!!

Christal said...

I love that song!! Darren's uncle Newel Dayley wrote the music to it too so it has a special place in family, but such beautiful words!
I'm so jeoulous of your new calling I want to be back in YW's I love it! You will be awesome though!!!
If you need activity helps go to my blog and there is a holly click on that and about 2 posts down she posted all her activities for the year {she makes it sound like she is in achievement days but she is a yw leader! But its awesome the whole year is there}
And your pictures make me hungry yum! Have a great week! ttys

The Molcak's said...

mmmm I want some of those Cinnamon buns! So mean to tease a hungry pregnant lady! haha. You are going to be SO great in YW. You are exactly what those girls need. You are full of life and happiness, and the girls are definitely going to respond to that!

Anonymous said...

good thing i can come and read your posts. they are always uplifting!!!
you will be so great in YW's. I'm excited for you. I may have to start coming down there to visit you, you are always up to something fun.
you should post your cinnamon bun recipe. they looks so good.

Kritta22 said...

I have to song too!!
You should send those cinnamon rolls this way!
Congrats on your new calling! I love Young Women!!

Rayanna Hogg said...

Tiff you are SO amazing!! That is a wonderful song... I also love it! You will be so great in YW's... the girls will LOVE you- how can they not??! LOL
Hey you need to call me next time when you make those yummy buns!

Christal said...

I think you really should post the recipe for those because I come to just look at the yummy picture again actually its probably better for me to look at the picture instead of get the recipe ha ha!!! You are amazing!!

Andy said...

That has always been a fave song of mine... I especially love the second verse.

Uh, and I must say those cinnamon buns look very tasty... i made buns today too... i should have made some of those! (although mine don't look half that good... I'll have to get your recipe!)