Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Terrific Tuesday in the Sloan house !

Just wanted to start off and let you all know that Carrie Underwood was so fabulous last night, we had a great time out with great friends, had great food and GREAT entertainment. I must say that she put on one of the best Encore shows I have seen. She did a great Guns N' roses classic and then ended with a favorite of mine ... Before he Cheats ! So good.




Today has been a great day. I am so thankful for my life and my wonderful family. I am so fortunate to have a wonderful husband, and two darling little boys. Trevor surprised me with these beautiful pink roses.... I love them ! He knows me so well and knows just how to put a smile on my face. He is a great dad, provider, and companion.



I have been busy making cookies for Trevor, he loves cookies, my little way of saying I love you back. These are my favorite Chocolate chip cookies.



Tiffany's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 cups marg

1 1/4 cups brown sugar

1 1/4 cups white sugar

3 eggs

2 tsp. vanilla

2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

4 -4 1/2 cups flour

2 pkgs milk chocolate chips
( or I love to use half mint chocolate chips and half milk chocolate)


Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes at 375. Delicious ! They stay soft for a long time and freeze really well. Enjoy.


Then after making cookies I finished off making my cupcake balls for the preschool baking exchange tomorrow , I think they turned out rather well. They taste like skor cake to me in a bite size piece...YUMMY.

I can't believe how fast my little Gunner man is growing up. He is starting to walk really well and he growls like a little bear...it really is so cute. He has such a great little personality. Hunter is doing well and has taken a interest in the alphabet and trying to spell his name on the computer. (don't know if that is the best way to learn the alphabet or not :( but I am happy he is learning to recognize a few letters. He knows his colors and basic shapes well not it is time for the harder stuff. I made up a Sloan House Rules to show hunter what is not acceptable in our home. This is how it reads.



SLOAN FAMILY RULES

These behaviour will result in a automatic time out !



NO FIGHTING !


DO NOT TAKE OTHERS TOYS OR THINGS WITHOUT ASKING.


NO PUSHING



DO NOT USE BAD WORDS



I know it might look and sound cheesy but I am going to really try to be more consistent with disicipline in our home. We are so random, sometimes it is time out, sometimes spanking or sometimes honestly I just ignore the bad behaviour, well I have had enough and this way Hunter being 3 1/2 can see what is going to result in automatic time outs. I really hope it helps. It's funny because I think he acts way better when Trevor and I are not around, at least something we are teaching is sinking in. He is such a great little boy and I just really want others to see the best of him.

3 comments:

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

tiffany, can u post the recipe for those yummy chocolates!!

Rayanna Hogg said...

So jealous... I wish we could have gone with you to Carrie Underwood..... sorry for the last minute decision! It turned out that I was super sick monday night- feeling like crap!! Everyone said it was the BEST concert ever!! SO glad you had fun.

You have such a GOOD man!! I can't believe and big little Gunner is getting-- walking already-- -crazy!!

Hope you have a GREAT time this weekend... to shop too much!!

Mary said...

You have been busy! How fun to go to a concert and that Trevor--what a hubby. Love those flowers.

So where do you find the energy to make TWO different baked good in the same day? Those cupcake bites are so cute, but seem super involved. I'd love to see the instructions on those.

What a great idea for Hunter! Wht pictures are so smart. Good luck with that. I was having a terrible week with Bridget two weeks ago and now we're in a good swing. Stages--they don't tell you that they are always happening, do they!