Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, December 07, 2008

This Years Traditions

As I sit here and contemplate all the many things I would like to do this Christmas season and the traditions I want to create with my own children I only thought appropriate to share my little list with you all. So here it goes:
* BAKE - that includes toffee, fudge, butter tarts, shortbread cookies, brownie bites, chocolate covered pretzels.
* Deliver goodies to family and neighbors, and especially those neighbors we may not know so well.
* Take time to see my visiting teachers.
* Go to the live nativity at the stake center.
* Make gingerbread houses with Auntie Carissa ( might not get this one this year)
* Make a chain advent calender with Hunter
* Watch a Christmas movie as a family each and every Sunday in December.
* Give to a total stranger.
* Say Merry Christmas every chance I get! NOT HAPPY HOLIDAYS
* Keep the real meaning of Christmas
* Do the nativity story for family home evening and set out the kids nativity. I got a great one last year in the states at Joann's and it is perfect for kids and telling the Christmas story.
* Spending Christmas day at our house this year with our own little family.
* Making my first Christmas dinner at our house. Looking forward to having my family with us this year.
* Wrapping Christmas gifts
* Get together with " The girls" for a Christmas night out. AKA dessert night.
* Enjoy a few glasses of egg nog.
* Bake day with my mother in law and sister in laws.
* Enjoy all the wonderful Christmas music
* Go for a drive as a family and enjoy the Christmas lights
* Take the kids to see Santa ( if we get there)
* Make a home maid gifts where ever I can.
* Send out my Christmas cards - crap I better get on that.
* Send gifts to friends far away. Man I miss them !
* Read the December Ensign
* Visit with grandparents
Well sorry the boring post but I haven't been up to anything real exciting lately. I'll try and get you more excited about reading this thing this week. Have a wonderful week.
Remember the reason for the season.
*

4 comments:

Kritta22 said...

Great traditions! We have started thinking of this too since Connor is almost old enough to start remembering. Thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

Isn't Christmas fun--especially with your own kiddos? We were listening to "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" and Bridget says, "Mommy, I want a balance beam for Christmas."

I'm excited you'll spend Christmas with your own little family. We did that for Thanksgiving--just the three of us. We planned on getting together with friends and their whole family got sick. It ended up being our very favorite Thanksgiving yet. Quiet, but we had so much fun together. I hope you have the same. Love ya girl.

Anonymous said...

great traditions hopefully they work out great for you guys well have fun tomorrow at the young womens and i'll talk to you later

The Molcak's said...

I am REALLY going to miss our little gingerbread house tradition this year. It's one of my favorites. I am so jealous that you get to have your "own" Christmas at home. I would LOVE that. Maybe next year??? lol!