Filipe said something that really seamed to stick, he said he usually found ever excuse not to exercise, I don't have time ect ect, but he did find time to watch three hours of tv a day. WOW. That is so me, almost every night after the kiddos are in bed that is what I do...watch T.V. So today with the help of my dear husband. I got my butt out of bed and went running. I HATE RUNNING. Up at 6:45 is just not my thing. I was very proud of myself for doing it, ipod just a blaring, and surprisingly I pushed myself to fun probably 3.5-4 km. It about time I woke up and did something for me...we will see how long it lasts.
Secondly for the month of January I have been keeping track of all the money I spend on groceries/household supplies. Drum roll please..... $941.41
So I was in desperate need to find some inspiration and I did with a awesome website I found. Before I share this awesome site with you, here is a few pics of her food storage...AWESOME. She has a monthly grocery budget of $400...WHAT? Oh and there are six people in the house. Crazy...
So I thought is she could do it so can I. So my goal for February it to spend half of what I did last month. That is a meager $470.70 I am going to try really hard and learn from all her great tips. This is going to take some MAJOR determination because today alone I spent $270.00 ( some on clothes mind you for the kids) that has to go towards my $470.70 budget for the month. I just need to learn how to grocery shop in bulk and watch prices. Our food storage is pretty much non existent. Realistically we could probably LIVE for about 2-3 months. NO I lied we don't have hardly any water stored so we would be toast in a few days. Wow I am so glad that I have had this light bulb moment. So here is to me trying to get a food storage like the one above. I will keep you posted on my progress.







8 comments:
first off, I love that show too, i always feel so motivated afterwards. i still have 30lbs to lose, and i am determined to do it, and running 3-4 km.. thats amazing, i barely can run round the block!!! I HATE running, but i love areobics :)
Second, my grocery bill was around that mark too, i am trying to cut it too $600. My friends is the states spends so much less, but their groceries are sooo much cheaper, i just spent $10 on NO NAME cheese!!! crazy expensive!
I also meal plan, thats something that works for me :) I LOVE her food storage, we are lucky to have 2 weeks worth! lol.. darn it, i better go find out how she did it!!
good post Tiff. I should track my grocery bill I would be curious to see what it is...I think I might be scared though. LOL!
Here's my advice for budgeting for groceries. MEAL PLANNING!! I did it at school and we always stayed under a $200 budget and we ate really well. We were just the two of us too and our bill goes up the more kids we have of course. But whenever I meal plan which I am getting back into my money goes a lot farther, I waste less food and I stick more too a budget. I just went to a meal planning enrichment thing and got some great ideas, i'll have to share soon.
we are starting on our food storage, I just got a book that helps you build it up. You buy somethings each week. I think the book is called practical prepardness. I got it at the book store in town. good luck!!!
Wow I don't even want to know how much I spend I know it is way to much also! I think meal planning is a great idea... perhaps I will start that. Hope you continue your morning runs, get you ready for that new swimming suit you want!! LOL
at first I thought that was your storage room and I was like I am so far behind but I still think that but I'm right with you I need to get on it! Thanks for posting this! Its a great reminder what we all need to be doing, we don't have any water either guess we wouldn't last long either! oh and good for you getting up early I wish I could get outside and go running but its so so icy so its the treadmill for me! have a great weekend! ttys
good for you for going running.. I wish I had that motivation.. every now and then I get the urge to go for a walk but it comes in spurts so I don't know that it's doing anything lol. I am guilty for saying I have no time to excersize too but yet here I sit on the computer for an hour every morning checking blogs lol! I hope you can stay motivated! And thanks for the link to the food storage blog! I'm like you with the $900 grocery bill! crazy and it's gotta stop! :)
Awesome post Tiff! Everyone's comments are bang on! I too do a meal plan and it makes your life so much easier and it helps you stay on your budget. We budget$400.00 for groceries ($115.00/week) and we budget $200 for gas. These 3 things makes our life heavenly!! Good luck with the exercising...you're amazing!! I'm so not a morning person?! Also, I know as soon as you make the effort into getting your food storage going, you'll be hooked and you'll see how easy it is!
I hear you on EVERYTHING you blogged about. I finally decided to get off of my lazy butt and exercise too...started January and have lost 4lbs already! Yeah!! My goal is 20lbs so only 16 more to go. I also have bad spending habits when it comes to groceries. I've tried getting my food storage up and running but then it dimishes quickly. I did get a 3 month supply before we moved back up here and we ended up living off of it, so I have a testimony of food storage and know that it is important (obviously, it saved our butts) but gotta learn to budget! Get anymore tips please send them my way! Thanks!
Post a Comment