( Pre race jitterbug face...LOL)
But I am so happy that I did it. My official race time was 58:07....I came in under 1 hour which was my goal. Yah for ME ! Jodi and I got 10th place out of 21 sister groups...wow what a great job we did if I do so say myself for our first race EVER. I wouldn't have wanted to do the race with any one other than her.....she is my sister and best friend...LOVE YA JODES...check her blog out for more great details from the race. ( oh and the fabulous picture of myself just before crossing the finish line )
Trev and I decided to go to the temple on Friday night before the big race for our ward temple night and I can't tell you how great I felt as I came out of that holy place. I am now really starting to realize that for a whole happy self you really need to work on every component of YOU...your physical, mental , and spiritual well being all work together if you want to be the best person you can. Going to the temple gave me some extra needed peace that I have been looking for in being a mother...and being me. I hope by doing this race, going to the temple and taking time for me that I will be the best ME I can. Here's to accomplishing goals even if you have never tried the goal before ! Just do it !







9 comments:
YAY! Congratulations on reaching YOUR goal!! Now THAT'S success!
Cute pre-race jitter face. ; D
You know something....I SWEAR I have seen your sister somewhere before. Maybe we met someplace? Who knows....I am off to check out her blog and see if I know her.
GREAT JOB on accomplishing your goal. About the weight-loss, I've heard it doesn't start happening with running till after 8-9 weeks... so maybe soon!!! :)
I soooo need to get to the temple and hearing about you going and the peace you've felt makes me more anxious to go.
You are amazing... congrats on meeting your goal!!! Don't get to discouraged about the weight loss it takes time, you are doing a great job - stick with it! Man I really need to get to the temple as well, I sure miss the peace and love you feel while you are there. Thanks for being a good example.
Way to go tiffany you are amazing! I seriously admire you guys for doing it!! Awesome! Love the cute pics!!
Congratulations on your accomplishment! I am so happy for you that you were able to reach your goal.
Good job Tiff. What an awesome accomplishment...you look great and just to warn you running does get addicting...keep it up!
Way to go Tiff! Running a race is such a great achievement, and really makes you feel good about yourself! I am sure the more you run the more you will enjoy it. It's my saving grace to my hectic life!
Nice work on the 8 km run. I too just ran won we had here in Mountain View and it was awesome. I love the way you feel when it is all said and done. There is one in Raymond a 10 K you should go in it. I think I will do it besides it keeps me motivated to keep up the running. So see you there?
Yahooooo!!
I don't think you look a bit jittery girl--ran the pants of those 8K!! You ROCK!
Post a Comment