Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 24, 2009

Strawberry Picking...






Yesterday the boys and I decided to go a strawberry picking...the boys and I had a blast and the weather was perfect for it, slightly breezy and not to hot. Gunner just just a shoveling the berries in his mouth as fast as I could pick them. I must say the berries at Broxburn farms are way better than any store bought berry you can find around here...sweet, juicy and ripe. We managed to pick two and half ice cream buckets in about 1.5 hours. It was nice to let the kids pick and spend some time in that huge garden. Hopefully my boys will have a love for planting a garden like there mom someday.

After picking, the boys had fun playing at the little park there, and on all the cool old farm machinery.



A few hours later and we had made all this yummy jam.




We had a great day ! That is another thing I love about summer, every day is a new adventure to a new place. Check out Broxburn it's a fun place to go with your kids, oh and they have a cute little cafe there too where you can get lunch, and a store to buy fresh produce.
FYI: For two and half ice cream buckets it cost about $25 well worth every penny.

3 comments:

The Molcak's said...

So fun! I bet your boys LOVED playing there. That cafe has the best pies and the best bread EVER! My mom would get me to pick up a pie for family suppers when we lived there. Looks like you guys are having an awesome summer.

Karleigh Kasner said...

looks like you guys had fun yesterday.

Lynn said...

My mom was just telling me about this farm! cool!

Love strawberry jam!